Your experiences at moving on from a one truck operation

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I do the same. I get too busy with menial tasks and forget who's supposed to be flying the plane. :redface:

That is one of the worst things we all do....Get ourselves busy with minor issues, instead of focusing on the important things. I think Toburen has a thing or two on this about not worrying about cleaning your shop sweeping or changing that leaking quick connect etc etc that someone could do for you while you are focusing on the bigger picture.

And then there is the other really bad thing: being afraid of success!!! This kills me sometimes to even admit it.....but it would be a different thread and I could talk about it for a day.

Reactions: BLewis

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
We found when we ran 1 truck still needed a back up for breakdowns. 2,3, was the same. At 4 trucks we usually can move things around to cover all jobs.
If you are 2 trucks buy a third and run 2 guys on one truck and one single. We did that when we went from 2-3. Pretty soon we had everyone in their own truck every day.
now we have 4 and we run 3 days 1 night. Lots of ways to do it.
Billy come on up and hang with us for a couple days. Would love to catch up.

Residential day truck full time is the next step. You are rocking the commercial.
ever see the movie airplane? The autopilot needed to be blown...up.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks Tom, I will certainly try to get this in the schedule although it will probably be later. There is nothing I would enjoy doing more. Then a trip to Nashville to spend a couple days with Heather Pinkard and Darrin Huckman should give me info and wisdom to explode my little brain! lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom