Your not a professional if your not using a Hydro Sensor

Moser Bros.

I picked up a water damage last week, that the customer failed to mention anything about beforehand. I poked my hydro sensor in to some watermarks in front of the homeowners kitchen and it beeped like crazy in about a 8 foot radius. His dishwasher overflowed 10 days prior and he assumed the carpet was dry. If I was a hack and I cleaned the area without prior knowledge I could have been sued!

I use my hydro sensor on every job, at least 30% of the time I find urine the customer never knew about, and even on vacant properties I check for moisture in the padding to cover myself.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Moser Bros. said:
If I was a hack and I cleaned the area without prior knowledge I could have been sued!

for what?

Moser Bros. said:
I use my hydro sensor on every job, at least 30% of the time I find urine the customer never knew about, and even on vacant properties I check for moisture in the padding to cover myself.

so what do you do if if your new toy goes BEEP BEEP BEEP?
rent them airmovers and dehus?
Bring in TES?
rip out the pad and sell 'em new?

..L.T.A.

Moser Bros.

If the customer was a dirtball he could have said the carpet is still wet a few days after I cleaned it and sued me for mold!

After dealing with a the lowlife/lawyer/customer last month, who wanted to sue me for removing the color seal of his dirty grout I'm not taking any chances, I lost over $700, 2 days of work, and a lot of stress over that one, and It was supposed to be an easy job, I was unaware of the pre existing condition of the grout, I assumed that the grout was new since they paid my acquaintance $60,000 for the remodel that including new tile and granite slabs throughout the house and the only area with old tile was the one I was cleaning just to remove surface dirt that the workers brought in.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
next time you see a blood stain on a rug make sure to call me , i,ll do a hazmat job on it....

DevilDog

What you did was EXACTLY right. If you run into the wrong client they could EASILY try to go after you. I have seen and heard of this happening before.

DevilDog

Rex Tyus

It is not a cleaners responsibility to know the history of the house he is charged with cleaning. Don't take on that resposibilty.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
DevilDog said:
What you did was EXACTLY right. If you run into the wrong client they could EASILY try to go after you. I have seen and heard of this happening before.

DevilDog

How's that new name comin?

Rex Tyus

Furthermore...if that shit has been wet for 10 DAYS, he may need mold remediation. Not water damage restoration. :shock:

DevilDog

EXACTLY! And that is why you do NOT want to touch anything that has not been handled properly unless you have covered your ass. Once you touch it....it is YOURS!

DevilDog

P.S.- The name search is not going good, I need to check the responses...although I am almost scared to! LOL. My mind still really is not here.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I would love for you to name one carpet cleaner that you know that was sued for this devil Douche

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
DevilDog said:
My mind still really is not here.

never was, Pup

so, did you use your little BEEP BEEP meter on every job?

and tell us a chicken ranchin' story too :lol: :lol:

and why are you coming home?
I thought living in a third world country was da bomb according to you?

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
My best Tood impression, apparently it wasn't all that good...

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I'm looking for different lawsuite and such related to mOld.. but this article scars the crap out of me!

http://www.allergyconsumerreview.com/ca ... -tips.html

Another article:

http://www.mold-help.org/content/view/296/

And another!

Kings Mills, OH: Parent task force on mold
Parent IAQ Task Force Impacts Unhealthy School, Kings Mills, OH

Thursday, August 12, 2004
Mold found in Kings schools

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Michael D. Clark
Enquirer staff writer

DEERFIELD TWP. - The discovery of potentially harmful mold has closed the auditorium at Kings Senior and Junior

High School while school officials await test results to see if there is any hazard for students and staff.

Kings officials stressed that the mold, which was caused by increased humidity after carpet-cleaning in the 625-seat

auditorium, has not spread to other parts of the building. Classes are still scheduled to begin Wednesday.

Since 2001, the Warren County high school has had two other, smaller incidents of mold infestation, both caused by

excessive moisture accumulating in parts of the school off Columbia Road.

In the last three years, mold infestation has led to the temporary closure of parts of school buildings in Princeton,

Sycamore, Milford and Lawrenceburg schools.

Kings Superintendent Charles Mason said the district acted quickly after the mold was discovered July 30.

"When we find these things, we have to take them seriously," said Mason. "The auditorium has been closed off and

we've had a crew in there cleaning up the mold. We're waiting for the test results after the cleaning, which should be

ready in a couple of days."

Mason said the auditorium's ventilation system is not connected to the rest of the senior and junior high school

buildings, and that no airborne mold particles spread to other parts of the campus. No estimates are available for the

cost of cleaning the mold.

It is the latest in a series of unusual environmental events to hit the schools since August 2003, when toxic lead from

an abandoned shooting range was discovered on the school's grounds, football stadium and athletic fields. The

subsequent $2 million cleanup - paid for by federal money - left the district without a football stadium and cost the

district more than $20,000 in related costs.

In September 2003 a windstorm caused more than $300,000 in damage - mostly to the district's bus fleet - and closed

schools for two days.

Greenie

Just proves there should be an exception to capital murder for wacking a lawyer, it really isn't a bad thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom