Your Pre Spray of Choice on Clay soil...

Bucey

Name
FFA?
what has worked for you in this type of red clay traffic. Just using a TLC is good enough?

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I got some and was going to use a 175 combo agitation. would you recommend the o2 rinse? or should I use a rinse with some encap?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Use the 175 as you prescribed and use the 02 rinse. There won't be any residue. Now if its commercial I would use the 02 rinse and come back and mist an encap product and post bonnet.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ryan;

We have found that the red clay soil needs a good suspending & chelating agent,
for effective removal with extraction.

Some powder presprays will optimize these ingredients.

An oxidizer will also help remove any final residual discoloration from the fibers.

For the above reasons, we would utilize our Dynachem Stain-Resist Powder
with added DC Powder Brightener (oxidizer).

Larry

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Clay? Vacuum till you think you've got it all then vacuum it again. Especially on berber. Once you've removed as much of the dry particulate as possible THEN hit it with water.
I had a job like that once. Long haired dogs, landscaping outside in a clay yard, LOTS of clay in the carpet. Another job where I was vacuuming for over an hour.

If you try to steam clean with all that clay still in there and there will still be a lot of clay still in there.

2oz/gal O2 with hotsauce and a good scrub and dwell time, rinse well. O2 rinse will work nice.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Again is it commercial or residential.. after I wernerized the vacuum process.. if it was residential.. I would be done after the o2 rinse. If it was commericial I would use either a cotton bonnet or a big fluffy bonnet. I M O there are only 4 real encap manufactueres that actually crystalize. Releasit, Pro Chois's Brush and Bonnet, Vacaway, and Judson's Snake Oil. As close as you are to Judson's I was suggest trying their stuff. Has a great review as well. I have a case of Releasit I'm going through first and then I'll try snake oil next.

Ryan,

We offer a starter kit for the O2 System. Just call the office and we will give you the details. When I put someone in the carpet cleaning business and train them, I always teach them to agitate the carpet on heavily-soiled areas. Regardless whether it needs to be scrubbed or not, it makes the guy a professional carpet cleaner from day one. It can’t HURT to scrub the carpet. At least you know you are doing the best job you possibly can and will get the best possible results. One of my favorite carpet scrubbers is a Host machine. They are light weight and very inexpensive.

I am going to post a video of a carpet I found in front of a rental house on the way to work one morning. It is HEAVILY soil damaged with red clay. We have a lot of red clay in South Carolina. Another good thing about scrubbing a carpet is that you can cut back on the dilution ratio of your chemicals and save money as you will be able to tell in this demonstration.

t]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXoL1BItlmUt]

Bucey

Name
FFA?
College summer league club house glue down 30 home games plus some extra all star and play off games. What do ya think for maintenance? HWE a few times? Or some encap between?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I would HWE 1 time a year with the O2 system. (use the post bonnet and encap product here) Then I would suggest quaretly low mositure encap program. Probably would use the Snake Oil for the encap program. You can use your 175 with fiber plus pads or cotton bonnets. or a combo of both. Then adjust the program for soiling and add a flushing whe you think it would be needed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom