YOUS SLIDE-IN GUYS

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Things are a little slow here so i jus thought that i'd take this opportunity to ask once more.......cuz i don get it........

Why do you prefer a slide in over a Direct Drive system?

let me hear all the dumb reasons....again!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
more bang for the buck

no heat related issues/failures under the hood
Water pumps, pulleys, etc failures related to DD units

TM unit out lasts the van
easily slid from one tired rusty van to shinny new one

MORE bang for the buck!

..L.T.A.

G

worked for coit here in syracuse newyork hydramaster direct drives 9 years JUNK JUNK all sorts of problems one job 2 rooms i remember .day before thanksgiving one hour and 45 minutes circuit breaker button had to keep going out side back to the truck to reset it and i swore to my self ever if i went on my own slide in unit thats what i bought

Chads

Supportive Member
Flexability of a slide in is what its all about put in a trailer, back of a pickup truck, swap vans, will last for years try to move those pto units to a new sprinter van. and who wants to spend all that extra time running there motor putting time on your viehcle come on Bob a motor for a slide in 1500 to 2000, how much for a new motor in your van

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Cause my slide in will kick your Steam Genie's PTO ass and will not self destruct if I run it above 1600 rpm. Might as well own a Bane. 1600 rpm geez.

Chris A

Name
Chris
some of you guys are funny, I've seen many a CDS with 200,000 miles and upwards of 6,000 hours, its all about the maintenence, which is very little with a clutch drive unit.

TimP

Bob, I run a pto. My next TM will most likely be a slide in. The biggest reason why I want to change is performance. I want a true dual wand machine and dont want a vortex because of price. And I also dont care for dependance on my transmission to run my TM (vortex/AT). Also I like the ability to change the machine to another vehicle. As it stands now I've had my TM over 2 years and have only put 16,000 miles on the van. I'd rather buy a used van/truck cause I don't run the miles and the van wont look nice as long as my TM will last. Another thing I don't like is that the van motors aren't designed to run stationary, they over heat, cause sensor problems, you have to chanage out a drive shaft every so often and that's very expensive (I'd rather change belts which you have to do anyway with a pto and a good fuel injected water cooled engine will well out last a pto shaft). I do enjoy the extra room and that's why I'm going with a box and a slide in DXT genesis for my next set up.

Name
Bruce
Because I had never heard of a direct drive until after I purchased my slide in, would I have purchased a direct drive if I would have known, probably not.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Since were on the subject who makes the most reliable and best perfoming slid in. I have a friend who has a couple Mid line Prochem machines and hes allways having problems with them. And there supposed to be the "best" right? When I hear him complain about all the money he shovels into them it makes me glad for my CDS.

Farenheit251

I like to run my blower at its full capability.

To tell the truth when I get closer to 50 I may consider another pto. That WM had the most efficient setup and wrap up for running alot of jobs quick. I could be prespraying with the HF in under a minute while it takes longer than that to get my pilot light lit now.

Walt

In a perfect world - slide in pluses

Fuel Economy
Better heat
longevity

In a perfect world - PTO pluses

Ease of use
More space
Ease of maintenance

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OK..i was wrong about the GreenHorn wand....could i also be wrong about an UNATTENDED FIRE in my van......as well...doesn't SOUND safe!

TimP

I'm not too keen of a fire of my TM unattended either. Although the heat you can get from one is awesome.

G

How bout one in your garage?or hall? Its pretty safe as long as the operator is.(that applies to alot of things)

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
KevinD said:
Cause my slide in will kick your Steam Genie's PTO ass and will not self destruct if I run it above 1600 rpm. Might as well own a Bane. 1600 rpm geez.

With a brick on the pedal you can get 2600 easy.. :lol:

Mr.V

can I call my GG M-5 a slide in???

sometimes I forget it's a porty

my experience with owning both a slide in and a pto is the overall performance of the slide in was simply put

BETTER

more heat,more suck,,less fuel usage even with a kero burner

Greenie

Bawb kills me....NO Randy the GH wand is not that heavy.... funny how a few comments can lead the masses astray.

Bawb...do you realize how many gasoline engine fires there are each year, fuel burners in carpet trucks can't touch those statistics, 40 years of burners and they are still running them to this day.

Fear based marketing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom