ZERO REZ

H

hanzieb

Have any of you guys heard of them? They moved into our town a few years back and they seem to be getting more and more people talkng about them. 2 or 3 years ago I hardly had any of my customers or potential custys ask me about them, and now they seem to be asking me about them more often. They are also doing alot of radio advertising (expensive!) on like 5 different stations in the Middle of January, which seems kind of like peeing in the wind this time of year, May, June, etc. sure, but January?!

They say they use "Empowered Water" to clean using no chemicals, but yet they say they pre-spray, and the prespray that they do use is a product called "Chem Free"

Also, they claim they include "sanitizing" in thier cleaning price, but they said they will charge extra for deoodorizing urine, feces, etc.

Any comments, insight would be appreciated, thanks guys!

H

hanzieb

I am new to the forum, I couldnt find a search threads field, is there one? Can you post link please? Thanks!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
hanzieb said:
They are also doing alot of radio advertising (expensive!) on like 5 different stations in the Middle of January, which seems kind of like peeing in the wind this time of year, May, June, etc. sure, but January?!

They have your customers talking about them and you talking about them and posting about them. Looks like money well spent to me. The whole purpose of advertising is brand recognition. MY 4 year old new that walmart meant low prices/live better at 3. Could point out best buy, target, etc etc etc. It is all about branding.

If your nervous buck up and fight fire with fire and put your ads on the air. You can dispel their claims without reffering to them by name.

Something like..Don't be fooled by the age old snake oil salesman trying to sell the new "magic water" call XXXX today for a free in home demostration and qoute. We will be happy to explain the tried and true science behind cleaning with no hidden price nor "magic tricks". XXXXXXX your REAL carpet cleaner since XXXX ©John Olson 2011 ( :mrgreen: ) LOL Just had to do that

IF you use that you need to send me $500 for the ad copy or just order something from our website :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
here is a link to a video they made. the out right lie I can point out is the carpet protector deal. the carpet protectors we use don't come off everytime or even anytime. they must wear off.

http://studio5.ksl.com/?nid=59&sid=12963183

I also have customers asking about residue and cleaning all the time now, infact I looked at a job earlier this week and the people want me to use water only to clean it.

They asked if I can guarantee every bit of our prespray comes out, and honestly I can't say that. I also have to correct people on soaps,NO ONE USES SOAP TO CLEAN ANYTHING. soap has lye and animal fat in it.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
In the OC they advertise 3 rooms for $200.00 on talk radio, a few of my
customers have asked and I tell them to ask their techs to drink the prespray,
not the rinse. I have one of their previous customers. She was raked for $550.00 for 4 bedrooms, hall and stairs and they would not go back for a redo a week later.
Luis

H

hanzieb

Luis Gomez said:
In the OC they advertise 3 rooms for $200.00 on talk radio, a few of my
customers have asked and I tell them to ask their techs to drink the prespray,
not the rinse. I have one of their previous customers. She was raked for $550.00 for 4 bedrooms, hall and stairs and they would not go back for a redo a week later.
Luis
Any idea if the 550.00 they charged her even included protector or deo. ? Yeah I suppose 200 for 3 rooms is a bit steep even for Cali! :shock:

Mike H.

In Seattle they advertise on talk-radio - they get the host to say (or at least imply) that every other carpet cleaning company in town leaves loads of sticky soap and shampoo in your carpet, causing it to become soiled almost immediately. They say that Zero Rez, on the other hand, uses empowered, chemical-free water that will remove all that gunk the other companies left behind.

Talk-radio listeners sometimes place too much trust in their beloved host and seem unable to tell which part of the program is a paid commercial. They trust his political views, so why not believe him when he badmouths all carpet cleaners except the magical Zero Rez?

Fred Homan

A few months back I cleaned some carpet for a couple and they said....We will NEVER call Zerorez or Coit again. They could not believe how thorough I was.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Any idea if the 550.00 they charged her even included protector or deo. ? Yeah I suppose 200 for 3 rooms is a bit steep even for Cali! :shock:
The carpet was filthy, so I do not think that $550.00 was out of line.
But they should have gone back to redo the carpet after more then half of
it browned, also it did not look like it was pre-vac.
Luis

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Luis Gomez said:
The carpet was filthy, so I do not think that $550.00 was out of line.
But they should have gone back to redo the carpet after more then half of
it browned, also it did not look like it was pre-vac.
Luis
That's what I have heard about them here as well...they must have a no redo policy LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom