Zipper Dry Strokes?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Do you do dry strokes with your Zippers? If so, which carpet types and conditions?

Anybody disappointed by his Zipper?

Much obliged.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mike Draper

image.jpeg

Name
Nate W.

Beans above the Frank!

Ok, Ok Johnny..... Sorry to derail your thread.... I do love my Zipper for commercial work... CGD carpet with Higher Heat 220+ and moderately soiled I won't do dry passes on.... Keep in mind I run 500psi, 2.5" vac hose to a 25' 2" whip hose.... I have a 45 blower machine.... If you have a machine with a bigger blower, I doubt you'd need to dry pass....

There are a lot of variables to consider also when using it.... What type of TM you got? I'm one of those dry freaks who bring 4 air paths to the job... If there's time restraints on jobs too, I won't do dry passes... 1 dry pass equals 2 wand passes...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mike Draper

I dont do dry passes on CGD or apartments. I do in residential. I run 2.5'' hose witha 25' whip as well.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Do you do dry strokes with your Zippers? If so, which carpet types and conditions?

Anybody disappointed by his Zipper?

Much obliged.

We do dry strokes...

Reason...I am still a believer that you are still removing some suspended soils as well as moisture....

I still am seeing a slight bit of water removal when we dry stroke....not a big deal....but it's there and again....removing more soils...

We use our Zipper a ton....maybe 80% of the time....

We use it on every thing we can actually....and a lot of the times, that is residential.

We have the 15 inch units with 12 flow running with Butler High Heat Truckmounts, 2.5 inch hose and 2 inch hose....47 Tutthil blowers...

And my YouTube Zipper Playlist if helpful....

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg45027waKT-BW4GqIEAj4Vvhcv07fZuk

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
We do dry stroke with the zipper, you can see additional moisture being removed via the sight tube.

Mikey P

Administrator
You will when you fall asleep and fall off the raft..

L,C,H, &S rule is still in effect ya know.:hopeless:

On the other hand..

I ordered a 13", 7.5 flow, dog legged Zipper which I plan to run in the home as much as possible to make up for the small blower on the 370

Reactions: Mark Saiger
Name
Marcus
No dry strokes on commercial carpet.....
Few dry strokes on pile carpet.....
Need at least a 4.5 blower with at least a 30 hp engine....to do this method......
Cap

Reactions: Desk Jockey
J

JS41035

The sight tube will cause you to make extra dry strokes.
But it's kinda interesting running the zipper over stuff you cleaned with a wand. It does get more moisture out. Once the new wears off you don't do as many dry strokes.

Mrice

Name
Mat
No dry strokes on commercial carpet.....
Few dry strokes on pile carpet.....
Need at least a 4.5 blower with at least a 30 hp engine....to do this method......
Cap
Is that with a 15 inch or 13 inch zipper, what flow?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom