Zipper Jr arrives

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Erik,

Are you aware that you are infringing on my glide patent. You must cease and desist immediately or we will refer this matter to our patent attorney. Just kidding. What a quality product you've got there. Very well built and some excellent ideas. Keep up the good work. You're got something to be very proud of.

John

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Is it really that much harder to use than that RV360, I would think that with one less cord it should be just as easy to use.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
John LaBarbera said:
Hi Erik,

Are you aware that you are infringing on my glide patent. You must cease and desist immediately or we will refer this matter to our patent attorney. Just kidding. What a quality product you've got there. Very well built and some excellent ideas. Keep up the good work. You're got something to be very proud of.

John

John, Us small guys really appreciate all of what you have done for the truth to be told about the unjust patent given to HR. My lawyer has checked into the patent issue, and sees that it is up for re-examination. He says that some of the claims are in question. Without your persistence for the truth of the prior art, they will continue to have a bogus patent. I have taken every step possible to comply with the restrictions of their patent and still received a letter early in the week. It said that I was advertising and infringed on their patent, they must have not seen my new glide. :roll: My patent will be issued on July 27th and the USPTO is reviewing the revisions on my reversible glide design.

Thanks again for all of your help John!

ps. MIkey might be accused of a lot of things, but a liar he is not. :wink:

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
A lot of machining goes into building one of those, Erik. Are you hogging the body out of a solid block of aluminum or using an extrusion? Just curious. I spent 12 years in manufacturing, much of it in manufacturing engineering. We did most of our fabrication in-house. When I look at things I look at how they're built as much as I look at what they do. Old habits die hard. lol

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Wayne Miller said:
A lot of machining goes into building one of those, Erik. Are you hogging the body out of a solid block of aluminum or using an extrusion? Just curious. I spent 12 years in manufacturing, much of it in manufacturing engineering. We did most of our fabrication in-house. When I look at things I look at how they're built as much as I look at what they do. Old habits die hard. lol

For this batch, they are all machined from a block. We are having an extrusion die made for the next. They are still billet and need some machining but a lot less. the lids will be cast. :)

Mikey P

Administrator
C Pennington said:
[quote="steve frasier":nub2y8te]Is it really that much harder to use than that RV360, I would think that with one less cord it should be just as easy to use.

EXACTLY![/quote:nub2y8te]

If it cleaned like the i does than it would be worth all the trimming and edging that comes along with it in a home setting.

Name
jack zerkie
Iv,e used my zipper a few times all vacant homes. The unit does a great job. I like standing behind it and not to the side like with the wand. The last job was a call from a new cust. Empty rental fility off white berber, she said do what you can the last guy couldn,t get it clean. I pre-sprayed first then zipper extracted next. The temp here is 94 and her air wasn,t working well, she had been cleaning prior and was in bare feet. She saw me cleaning and walked on the carpet as I was cleaning it and said the carpet is dry. I asked is that a problem and she laughed saying no, but thats not how other jobs turn out.Iv,e talked to Eric and might increase jet size.
I,m impressed with my little Larry Cobb cheap unit and Eric zipperI might become a great carpet cleaner after only 29 yrs. and now I want clean even more dirty carpets.jz

Name
Nate W.
I'd like some pics and video of the people using them... :lol:

And yes, I've seen Erik's video's over and over...

Mikey P

Administrator
haven't been on any CGD jobs since.

but it looks right at home sitting next to my GT mountain bike with purple anodized CNC breaks, headset, crank arms, hubs and stem.

Mikey P

Administrator
When I'm done with it Eric wants it back for some stupid reason.

He would be far better served by auctioning it off here. Having the top thread for a week is invaluable here if your product is what it claims to be. Labarbara loves the arrangement.

If I like it I'll keep it and he'll get a trade for banners. If I don't like it he wants it back and wont be talking about it here anymore.

Go figure.

Like my opinion makes or breaks the sale of this tool. :roll:

If you do lots of CGD and or have wrist issues than its the tool for YOU!

Erik has gotten loads of free hype here that other manufacturers have to pay for. I let it go as he is a broke dick tinkerer and I respect that. But either way he now has to play ball here like all the rest.

Your thoughts?

-JB-

Name
JB
Mikey,
How you think this thing would do/help w Jim Martin's back issues?

Mikey P

Administrator
nope.

Much heavier than a wand and needs way too much lifting through out the job.
Can be very awkward to negotiate around the pile of hoses.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Steve it cleans in both directions with no need for a dry pass. You'll be much more efficient cleaning with it and the tool would actually pay for it self.

I think the fatigue factor is also suppose to be less that a wand.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Erik has gotten loads of free hype here that other manufacturers have to pay for. I let it go as he is a broke dick tinkerer and I respect that. But either way he now has to play ball here like all the rest.
Please, does everything have to be about money.
gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom