Zipper Jr prototype...what do you think?

Mikey P

Administrator
zipperjr010.jpg

zipperjr011.jpg

Name
John LaBarbera
Beautiful workmanship. Eric takes a lot of pride in his product, and rightly so. I think it would work fine with a 36.

Name
Nate W.
I alwayed wondered about the "Attic" on the zippers. Normal wands have only so much. Does the zipper and jr have more, equal, or less airflow through the 2 vacuum slots? Like that old saying, "you only can move so much are through a glided wand." It really makes me wonder.

Calling all Engineers, Forsthyians, and other know-it-alls........... Can you answer my question?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I think it looks great, and looks like a good idea, but someone else can try it first.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
it has been my experience that an "attic" works much the same as an intake manifold on a car and can provide a great improvement to airflow...however a poorly designed attic space can disrupt airflow cause more turbulence and hinder performance. Eric's design looks good, but it would be really cool if more of our wands and tools were tested on flow benches for real world numbers at various blower ratings.

Take care,
Lisa

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
The original Zipper designs looks like it would have good air flow. However, with out seeing the machines manifolds, my initial feeling would be that the design would hinder the air flow for reasons that Lisa has already stated. The plumbing looks like it makes too many weird bends. But again I can't see the inside either.

However, one itch that has been buggin me. Any flow likes to take the path of least resistance.. By having a slotted glide one side and a hole glide on the other, I would say the vacuum would pull inconsistantly from both sides. Having either both hole glides or hybrids, may provide better vacuum at both ends.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom