Zipper Jr.

Name
Nate W.
z]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgK4ueLaZKkz]

I came across this while surfing youtube. It brings up this question for me. Anyone have the Zipper and has some feed back to share? I've seen posts in the past about it, I'm just curious how people like it. :)

Greenie

that one in the vid looks like an early protoype, I know a little about it, it's just a smaller version of the full sized 15" zipper, I beleive it is 12".

the idea behind the junior, besides being smaller, was to be priced lower as well, the $3K sounds a bit high, I don't actually think the junior is in production yet.

As for price...I said the same thign about a Steamin Demon, but plenty of those sold, so there is probably a market for it, I see the "no dry pass required" 100% duty cycle as a time saver, so it's definitely gear to production at high pressure and high flow, your 18hp HX machine ain't gonna keep up...lol

which reminds me, there is a good price on a #3ht Little Giant with custom cart here on Mikeys for anyone looking for a like new 120K booster heater.

-JB-

Name
JB
As for price...I said the same thign about a Steamin Demon

Figured that was coming! :roll:

But in fairness the SD, is a stand alone $ producer, no need for a 20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90k tm hooked ta the other end of it.

So as far as bang for the buck... no contest.

randy

Name
Randy
I had 3 steaming demons and they are a nice machine, but WAY over priced as well. Like this new zizzmo, worth $2,000 at best.

Greenie

u guys are a little too acustomed to stuff being made in china...lol

something tells me if you made it, it would suddenly be worth $4K.

since these opinions are so strong, have you actually used one to rip dirt outta carpet?

Greenie

KevinL said:
I prefer to gently coax the soil out of the carpet.

You still using that Stanley wand as your main weapon?

White magic? What happened to your old richie mount?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
The only advantage I see is suction on the forward stroke, which would be half or less of the suction of a single slot since the vac is split. You wouldn't eliminate any dry strokes from the use of a conventional wand on the same machine and carpet.

Am I missing something?

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

Greenie

yes.

there is NO dry stroke. and although I agree "splitting" the vacuum seems like it would reduce teh extraction ability at EACH glide, in actual use with a #4 blower, it's just as dry as the next glided wand, so somewhere in there, there is a leveling of the playing field, maybe each glide lets jsut enough vacuum in to maximize the wand heads capacity? I dunno, but my whole point of this post is the tool works as advertised, that is all, and it does need decent vacuum, heat, and water pressure/flow to be used to capacity, I see guys using 2.5" hose with it and a short lead line of 2" on big commercial jobs.

Mikey is right, the demo should be on a firebreather TM while cleaning a chinese restaurant at 1000psi, it would be impressive.

If you modify your posture and step into each stroke, it makes nice 10' cleaning passes too, easy on the arms and shoulders.

Name
Nate W.
John La Rue said:
The only advantage I see is suction on the forward stroke, which would be half or less of the suction of a single slot since the vac is split. You wouldn't eliminate any dry strokes from the use of a conventional wand on the same machine and carpet.

Am I missing something?

My thoughts on it. Since that old saying of "you only can move xxx numbers of cfm through a wand", this tool should make up the difference with the un-used cfm's. Just don't use a free-flow design. :lol: I do also agree that it should be dirtier carpet, but looks to work like the original zipper, just smaller.

Anyone bought one????

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I was watching the posture and effort of the operator.

Not that impressed with it.

In my opinion there is a design flaw that they just won't address.
Kinda like they are stuck on that original design but in reality it offers no real improvement over a basic wand.

I have an idea that would be revolutionary but am getting stuck on an engineering detail.

I would like to work with someone to help develop it without alterior motives.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
A spinner tile and grout tool is of the same idea.

Lower pressure of course.

Greenie should come up with a circular HOLE glide to adapt to a spinner and there you go!

-JB-

Name
JB
Seriously now, if SD put that much effort into creating a machine w/the apparent longevity of the zipper, they would be on to something, then it would be at least worth what they retail them for. Not that you can't make your money back on them the way that the SD is, but it would be nice to have a machine that didn't look like it was made by the Amish 'er sumthin! :roll:

Farenheit251

The new Dri eaz wand is going to radically different from anything ever seen and also has 2 glides. I'd wait to see how it works before investing in a zipper. Hopefully not having a trigger will help my carpel tunnel.

Greenie

All interesting comments. I feel it is worth mentioning, I don't think an S bend handle would change much as the pivot point on the head/handle is so far back on the low profile head. The zipper Sr. has the bend incorporated into the handle forks, but it's mounted differently and has a taller head. Once Erik moves the 2" vac port towards the rear a bit, I think the clearance issue will only be the hose, not the handle.

It's obvious in the video, with teh Junior hooked to a vortex, the Slot Glide was providing some grab on that carpet, probably should have videoed it with two Hole glides, as that is the glides I think would have been best suited for that particular carpet, it would ahve been easier to push and showed better under 17"HG..lol

You have to admit, NOT making a dry pass, and still getting carpet clean and dry at 800+ psi was making some pretty good production time, and very little steam vapor being thrown back into the atmosphere, and i know that truck was running 250+. and...he was using his whole body, not wearing out his shoulder.

I think the Zipper JR goes for 1800 bucks and the Zipper Sr. foes for 2800 bucks...same price range as an RX 20

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
So he was wearing himself out walking forward and backward .

Putting more stress on his knees and yes BOTH shoulders not to mention his upper back.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You noticed that there wasn't much of a dwell time with that sporadic pump up prespray didn't you?

Like Mikey said the carpet wasn't really that dirty.

I think they would wear them selves out doing a chinease restaurant with all that back and forth movement.

G

I would like to see a cylinder brush in there,powered like a rug rat.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
like ron mentioned it is a little odd that they used a pump up sprayer in the demo. one could think that once you bought one of these all you could afford is a pump up sprayer. is this video old or was it released lately?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Brian H said:
We demoed one and didn't buy it. nuf said!!!!

Brian did demo a Zipper, but he doesn't have a wand in his trucks valued over $200.00. nuf said!!!

Buy the way, one of his larger competitors, Centurion, bought one and loves it and looking to purchase another!

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
The Zipper Jr. cleans Chinese Restaurants excellent, the lighting was poor and video is not the best of quality. We are going to be at the Florida Connections in May. We are at Booth 208. Come check it out for yourself!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom