Zipper Jr

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I used it for the first time today on a job i do every 3 months. it cleaned faster then the wand but it is very hard to tell if it was better or drier. However, when i cleaned the door matt it did a fantastic job with ease. i normally lay it across the dumpster and blast it with the garden hose. i was far easier and i didn't even break a sweat. J/K love it and glad to be the proud owner of such a great tool made by an American for Americans. Wednesday i have two huge vacants and can't wait to try it out.

gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
used it yesterday on a residential job just on one room to try it out. off white nylon builders grade, cleaned easier then a wand and was incredibly dry. today i have a huge vacant to try it on.

gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Had time to do a side by side and the zipper left the carpet much drier. I placed 2 tissues on the carpet and stood on both and the zipper side showed 0 moisture. You could feel a small amount but none showed. It,s faster ,cleans better and leaves the carpet drier . I can't imagine why anybody who tries it wouldn't want one. It's better then a wand but No way will clean better then a rotary. I haven't hit a nasty yet and will definitely try it but it can't dig like a rotating head

Gene

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Yer happy about a product made in US by a guy who sold the rights to manufacture the tool to a franchise business and not available to the general public. I'm just sayin, that's the information that's out there on this push-me pull-me wand.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Come on Scott.
Eric worked very hard to produce the Zipper and evidently it is made incredibly well.
He put a lot of love, pride and effort into it. Not to mention, investing a lot of his own money.

And like all of us he needs to make a living.
He did what he had to do to.
And it is guys like him that need to be supported and appreciated by this board.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Ofer Kolton said:
Come on Scott.
Eric worked very hard to produce the Zipper and evidently it is made incredibly well.
He put a lot of love, pride and effort into it. Not to mention, investing a lot of his own money.

And it is guys like him that need to be supported and appreciated by this board.

I agree, I would have done the same if I was in the same position Erik was in.

That said I still want a zipper .

Gene keep us updated on how it is working out.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
you make me sick Who was it sold to :?:

Shame really, because I think there are many more carpet cleaners out there that would buy a zipper than a franchise would sell.

KMA!

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Shorty,

Maybe the rights were only sold in the USA. Does anyone know?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Yes USA only I believe. Give Erik a call or pm him for more info.

Contras has the deal and they are buying quite a few I believe.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I was able to demo one and while I thought it was really well put together I did not like it at all for residential cleaning. Which is what we do most. I used the smaller zipper. I definitely could see a commercial application for it though. In that case I would want the large one to cover more area.

P.S. the owner was awesome and very easy to deal with.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
we used it all week in both residential and commercial. it easily out cleans a wand and is faster in both settings. even if it was slower it does a better job so i would still want to use it. if you don't move furniture you might not like it because it won't get under many things. the larger the room the more time you will save. you use it differently then the wand which is why some guys might not like it.

zipper: just pull the trigger and go. it sucks on the push and pull stroke. then one dry pass

wand: just pull the trigger and go but then 3 dry passes. zipper is still much drier.

zipper: more water is being used because you never have to let go of trigger and is hotter which cleans better

wand: less water because we let go of the trigger at the end of the back stroke and worry about over wetting.

zipper: if the edge is dusty it won't pick it up

wand : just lift spray and suck

you can teach anybody to clean and do a great job in just minutes with the zipper.

this is the first tool that i have owned that my heat won't keep up with. it will hold 200 but that's it. you don't want the solution line anywhere near you because it so much hotter. Eric has the angle of the jets set perfect so you can really flow the water without worrying about going through. Did i say i love this tool !

gene

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
GeneMiller said:
zipper: just pull the trigger and go. it sucks on the push and pull stroke. then one dry pass

zipper: more water is being used because you never have to let go of trigger and is hotter which cleans better

gene

Sorry Gene, I don't exactly follow what you mean?

Do you have a dry pass?

Or do you hold the trigger on at all times?

Ta,

Shorty.

PS::: How does it compare with a 360i & porty? any idea?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Yes we dry pass with the zipper but less strokes. I just hold the trigger with the zipper and clean a huge area then go back and one dry pass. I clean a much smaller area with the wand and dry pass 2 to 3 times
Hope that clears it up. I've never used a portable . Ive only used the original rotovac which is a beast. I haven't compared the two yet.

We have used it quite a bit and it's only flaw in my opinion is that the small clear tube clears so fast you can't tell if the water is dirty. I like the 90 deg turn on the hoss because you can see the water.

Gene

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Come on Scott.

agree

would like to have one but 3 grand was a little steep for me, maybe a good used one will be floating around at Connections

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
had a shag today that was heavily soiled with dog oil . off white off course. i got out the zipper and the rotovac. both cleaned the same to the eye except that the rotovac was easier to push. the zipper left it drier.
Time wise for cleaning was about the same except i had to use the zipper to remove the extra water the rotovac left behind. i still like the zipper better . can't wait to try it on a real nasty.

gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
still loving the zipper. the sight tube collapsed but that has been the only problem. ammonia and peroxide will kill them every time.
it has become the tool of choice on most jobs. the only time we don't reach for it is if the rooms are real small. next friday it will get a good workout, can't wait.

gene

Name
Eric Valentine
I have a large office to clean tomorrow that the zipper would be ideal for. The only problem is that I don't have a zipper to use on it. :p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom