Zipper Question

Ron K

What machines are you all using with your Zippers. Is there a point of diminishing returns as far as blower and heat source. I understand they're great with Everest's, 870's, CDS's and Vortex's, but are they affective with say a Pro Chem Legend. Is anyone using them with such a small machine? Anyone using them with a portable?? Or is it really a big truck boy toy?

Reactions: roro
Name
Nate W.
Uncle Ronnie, I've told you to get a 13" Zipper how long ago... My machine is a 45 blower, 20 hp and LG heater.... I've ran up to 15 flow with it and still got good dry times... I've dropped it back down to a 10 flow (5x 02 jets) and still get great dry times... I didn't like having to dump the machine with 20' left to go with higher flow... I normally use between 350-500psi depending on the job and hose run... Got mine when you Cintas had the exclusive on them... I still love it the same as the first day I got it...

I'm a avid "Rotary Extractor guy"... Grew up on RE's but I'll bust out the Zipper if and when I can... I do use it more in commercial with a Cimex scrub laying down the pre spray... I've also ran it with my 2 3stage portable machine and it does great also... I'm no newbie to portable cleaning either...I grew up on those machines like the electric WorkMasters, and a variety of other machines... If you use it with a portable, I'd suggest using it with a unit that has 2 3stage vacuums in parallel to get more cfm through the fiber... As long as the house or apt isn't too cluttered, I'll use it in a residential setting... I'm no @Mark Saiger , more of a @Mikey P with a broken foot cleaner...

What's your process now?

Do you pre scrub before wanding?

If you are looking to do more of a 1 step process, then I'd direct you to a RV360i... If you are looking to get a "free dry stroke" and speed up production I'd direct you to a Zipper... No you can't out clean a RE......But your production hours will increase also... It does have a learning curve like anything else... I've gotten a lot faster with it the more I used it... Idk how much you'd notice in dry times compared to your single jet wand, but it does leave the carpet drier than a wand and RE I've tested...

Ron K

What's your process now?

Do you pre scrub before wanding?
Nate You never told me to get a Zipper The only advise you ever gave me is to "Get Out Of The F-in Business you hack you!"
Why I didn't listen I don't know.
I don't have a secondary heater like you. So it's just the legend's heat. Not much! Whole house cleaning, usually first two or three rooms are dry to the touch before we leave.
The Zipper would be for ,both, some larger CGD jobs we have and Operator Ease in residential. Have some new help and need an easier way to achieve quality and good dry times without the rotary's issues.
Also for the CGD we will pre-scrub with a 19"
General if needed. Grey/Blue or White/Green bonnet tried the White scrub,didn't work??

Name
Nate W.
I also said to call Bosley...... :stir:

Nate You never told me to get a Zipper The only advise you ever gave me is to "Get Out Of The F-in Business you hack you!"
Why I didn't listen I don't know.
I don't have a secondary heater like you. So it's just the legend's heat. Not much! Whole house cleaning, usually first two or three rooms are dry to the touch before we leave.
The Zipper would be for ,both, some larger CGD jobs we have and Operator Ease in residential. Have some new help and need an easier way to achieve quality and good dry times without the rotary's issues.
Also for the CGD we will pre-scrub with a 19"

It would no doubt work for your larger CGD jobs no problem... If all the homes you service in your residential market is as big as your house, I'd see no problem using the Zipper in there.... It's the tight ones that will give you a run for the money... I've adjusted the wheels on my Zipper probably twice since I've got it... You'll get used to it once you get going on it... It is easier to train someone on it over a wand... The height stays at the proper level and you can hold the handle lower or higher and it won't affect the suction unlike a wand... I don't remember if your wand had a glide on it, but the Zipper will feel like a toy on some carpets... You'd question yourself if your actually cleaning because it's so easy....!

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm no @Mark Saiger , more of a @Mikey P with a broken foot cleaner...

I'm no poser..

odYl8rB2-tsnbmOSWvcJQkmqqer0q7VgY459Ep21UNodynhrH4HkMKF1_EicxKTC36QtLH-tRtf2o5xJS9=w1699-h955-no.jpg

there's my Aron..

iIFLwaZP7HhT0OlSyKM4tAIs06D331BCQb4bD_BmAf1yggXkRpCNAXg8At1xAiyL9RYIqqWB8_Dsi5fvHfW=w538-h955-no.jpg

Name
Nate W.

I was just pointing out that I'm by no means a fast cleaner.... Ron is more of a rug washer as I consider myself also.... I do clean and move pretty slow on jobs... A lot of you guys would probably lap me.... I really don't know how Saiger does it, with vacuuming, tabbing & moving furniture, pre spraying, scrubbing, extracting and still able to get 7-14 jobs done in a day... I'm lucky if I do 3 jobs...:shifty:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I was just pointing out that I'm by no means a fast cleaner.... Ron is more of a rug washer as I consider myself also.... I do clean and move pretty slow on jobs... A lot of you guys would probably lap me.... I really don't know how Saiger does it, with vacuuming, tabbing & moving furniture, pre spraying, scrubbing, extracting and still able to get 7-14 jobs done in a day... I'm lucky if I do 3 jobs...:shifty:

I have an Aron.... :)

Name
Nate W.
Nothing wrong with being thorough....but ya'll slow mofo's need ta git outta my way.

I'm fast! I think fast, I move fast...uhh I AM fast! :biggrin:

:lol:

About the same reason fat guys like fast cars..........Cuz they're only first when it comes to the dinner table........

I can think fast, and I can move fast when I want too, but I only run when someone is chasing me.............

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
........ I really don't know how Saiger does it, with vacuuming, tabbing & moving furniture, pre spraying, scrubbing, extracting and still able to get 7-14 jobs done in a day... :shifty:
One word:
The world famous "Saiger carpet cleaning toddlers", Aron & co.
When mark says "4 to the door", he means something altogether different.

Look here, they start them young.
See, he's already in training:

img_0008-jpg.15969.jpg

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
One word:

View attachment 15973
This one's going to be a carpet inspector. He is just testing the softness quality.

Ron K

One word:

View attachment 15973
Thats not a Sager Baby unless he's the one who shot the Video! Or is it just a "Granpa Video Affliction Disorder" that curses the family.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom