Zipper VS zipper SS

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I have a 13 inch bent handle zipper. I would like to upgrade to the 15 ss. Can I buy just the new head or do I need a whole new zipper.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I'm about to buy my first Zipper. Going for the 15" but should I be looking at the SS since I have to choose between one or the other?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I think so. We use the Spinner far more than the Standard. Although I saw them using the Standard today for the first time in several months.

Erik told me an SS at 1,000 psi uses about the same water as a 9 flow Zipper.

Is that what you're experiencing?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I haven't noticed any major difference in water consumption. I can in cleaning when it's heavily soiled. When it's not you can move faster knowing you're still getting good flushing.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Since the SS seem (according to Grasshopper) to use about the same amount of water as the regular, and since it is better with heavier soil, why not use the SS?

Is it slower?
Any other reason?

Reactions: Russ T. and D Luke

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Since the SS seem (according to Grasshopper) to use about the same amount of water as the regular, and since it is better with heavier soil, why not use the SS?

Is it slower?
Any other reason?

It is bigger and a bit more cumbersome in tight areas.

For restaurants and rat nasty the zipper ss is the go to( residential still will use the hoss) for regular all around cleaning the 15 is our main extraction tool.

Most buy the ss after owning a regular zipper for the nastys.

Reactions: ruff

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I feel like I've hit a production plateau.

A rotary is perfect for a 1 man show.

But now I have a helper. He watches quite a bit, when we go with the rotary. I wish we could take a Zipper out for a week. I think it might help us break through a little, and push our production level noticeably up.

Hey Mark, does it take longer for your crew to CRB or Zipper a particular area in a home?

Just wondering if your Zipper guy is waiting around a lot for the CRB guy...

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I feel like I've hit a production plateau.

A rotary is perfect for a 1 man show.

But now I have a helper. He watches quite a bit, when we go with the rotary. I wish we could take a Zipper out for a week. I think it might help us break through a little, and push our production level noticeably up.

Hey Mark, does it take longer for your crew to CRB or Zipper a particular area in a home?

Just wondering if your Zipper guy is waiting around a lot for the CRB guy...

2 person crew...we are faster with Zipper and CRB...and probably use this combo or Conway wand and CRB the most....still more Zipper for us...but we are a bit different....

(quiet Marty! @hogjowl )

Reactions: Nomad74 and Russ T.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This always baffles me but I know it is polarizing.

An inch or two seems to really bother some. Maybe it's how we clean but we move most furniture. So size isn't a problem even with furniture.

I do cut in around HVAC vents and doorways. Everything else gets the Spinner.

It doesn't appear to leave it any wetter than the Standard Zipper, so why not flush it good? :winky:

Reactions: ruff
Name
Nate W.
We are the same as saiger but use full size crbs and Prochem ti wands ( devastator wands flow to much air to run on VAT).

Limp wrist? :lol:

I still want an VAT......

I have both 13" and a 15" SS... What's the majority of cleanings you do? If it's restaurants and shit holes go with the "SS", if it's more residential not as heavily soiled go with the regular... I wish I had the 15" or even the 17" zipper at times for larger wide open jobs... I doubt my machine could handle that much (45 blower) but it'd still be nice to have...

I assume it's the weight or the spinning action that makes the SS "hover" over the carpet... It's easier to push compared to my 13"... Or it could be the 2" longer making it 4" more less suction...

Name
Nate W.
Is @Erik on a cruise in the Bahamas or still building his mansion?:stir:

Hey, looky looky...

Nate, you do now you can adjust the wheels so it will push easier......

And yes I know you can adjust the wheels.. I'm more of a set it on CGD and forget it... I don't keep adjusting it...

You'll understand if you get a SS...:winky:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad74

SamIam

Name
sam miller
This always baffles me but I know it is polarizing.

An inch or two seems to really bother some. Maybe it's how we clean but we move most furniture. So size isn't a problem even with furniture.

I do cut in around HVAC vents and doorways. Everything else gets the Spinner.

It doesn't appear to leave it any wetter than the Standard Zipper, so why not flush it good? :winky:

Says the flood expert!

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Talked with eric. So my 13 inch zipper is up for sale two ways, just the head or the whole unit. I f interested pm me about price.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom