Zipper Wand- Water Extraction

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
We did this flood on Sunday. It was 4,000 sq/ft. It took us about 4 hours to extract the water. The customer said they wanted to take care of the wall damage "in house", so we had them sign a Refusal of Recommendations & Release of Liability Form.(Thank you Richard Chavez) Being such a large facility and no way to contain these areas, we felt they didn't need any dehumidifiers. We only left 20 airmovers. This carpet was a very high looped nylon berber. We stopped in on Monday to move the airmovers around and to take moisture readings. Apparently, the customer chose not to cut into the base of the walls that was suggested. The carpet was completely dry, beside a few 10' x 10' areas. They agreed to keep the airmovers one more day. Needless to say, the Zipper Wand is the fastest, easiest, and most effective tool for extracting water from CGD carpet.

Name
Marcus
So I'm seeing that you are getting close to a one day dry time with the zipper.
What is the size of your engine and blower??
Zipper is giving me much better dry times on cleaning!!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Does this ability of the Zipper raise it's true value?

With my 47 blower if the carpet has a pad, I couldn't get out as much water as I was able to with a water claw ..

Now in any carpet with no pad and my 47 blower it was definitely better than my glided wand!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
and how does it compare to one of those ride along extractors, the prochem drag extractor or any other gadget?

The Phoenix xtreme extractor is the best in the industry for water removal, but a little more difficult to maneuver, but I carry a medium water claw just because it is convenient to carry... Bit slow but does a close second to the Xtreme. The other ride ons I have only heard are not as good at water removal but MIGHT be close or similar to the Zipper... Can't really verify that completely about other extractors though as have not used the others

Chavez? Info?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The zipper is not a subsurface water removal tool.

the zipper will remove very little water out of the pad as it is not nearly heavy enough to squeeze the water out of pad in the residential type setting.

Now on commercial the zipper is a beast and will leave the carpet dry to the touch if enough passes are done.

Xtreme extractor is best for residential carpet in my opinion but can't be used for commercial glue down at all because of design

The drieaZ rover is a good all around extractor for both residential and commercial. I just don't like the thought of paying my guys to ride on an extractor for commercial when we more than likely will not be getting paid for the weighted extractor line by the adjuster on commercial, on residential we get paid always for the line item. Plus a rover type machine just flat out takes a lot longer on commercial to extract especially compared to the zipper.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The zipper is not a subsurface water removal tool.

the zipper will remove very little water out of the pad as it is not nearly heavy enough to squeeze the water out of pad in the residential type setting.

Now on commercial the zipper is a beast and will leave the carpet dry to the touch if enough passes are done.

Xtreme extractor is best for residential carpet in my opinion but can't be used for commercial glue down at all because of design

The drieaZ rover is a good all around extractor for both residential and commercial. I just don't like the thought of paying my guys to ride on an extractor for commercial when we more than likely will not be getting paid for the weighted extractor line by the adjuster on commercial, on residential we get paid always for the line item. Plus a rover type machine just flat out takes a lot longer on commercial to extract especially compared to the zipper.

Thank you for the great info :)

I needed to know the same as I have only heard this about the Rover, but couldn't clarify.

and definitely I feel the Zipper would be the king on commercial or glue down water extraction.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i hope you are taking care of my equipment now that it is your care!!

The rover is a good extraction tool and I mean a good solid built and well designed tool for subsurface extraction.

Just the design of the xtreme extractor is that of a "rolling water claw" and for us removes way more water per pass regardless of the weight of the person riding it.

On the other the rover is "runner to use" and almost any guy likes using it, as it has a joystick for control that controls the two motors on each wheel so it moves like a tank and again is "enjoyable to use" where the xtreme extractor will be very frustrating for new users and can cause unintended damage to baseboards and furniture.

The rover also could could damage but by design is less like to damage much at all.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The Xtreme removes more water but the Rover is so much easier to maneuver my tech's kept leaving the Xtreme's behind. Finally I sold them and bought a few more Rovers. It may take a little longer because you need to make an extra pass but it can still do a very thorough job. Plus as you mentioned on glue downs (commercial work) it can really help you dry them fast. :cool:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
listen here RICO!!!!

i like the rover but on commercial you aint getting paid for a ride on, and if you do please let me know how you justified that on glue down.

we just use our zippers on commercial glue down as it is faster and extracts very well.

the main problem with the rovers is that generally as a dude they are quite COOL TO USE!!! ESPECIALLY BECAUSE WE ARE CARPET CLEANER AND NOT ASTRONAUTS OR PILOTS SO WE FIND THE USE OF THE JOYSTICK DOWNRIGHT COOL!!!

i think its cool, the guys think they are cool, when customers se us using them, they think the rover is cool, and i get that.

that is why we have them because they work all around and they are cool.

if i am in a house and i want to get the water out of the pad as fast as possible we go for the extreme extractor. if we are extracting umpteen thousands of feet in a commercial setting, yes we will pull the rover.

best tool for the particular job is all, and as you know i like tools!!!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom