Zipper wand worth the cost?

Name
Natalie
My husband wants to buy a zipper wand.

Is it really worth the price?
Is it durable, meaning what is most likely to break down on it?

He has looked at a few other wands. There is a spinner wand but he doesn't think that it would do very well. We do mostly residential cleaning and some commercial cleaning.

Does it work well on residential jobs?

Mikey P

Administrator
Name
Natalie
Thank, we probably would have bought one by now but we have spent WAY to much money getting our truckmount repaired over the last few months. My husband finally found the problem and fixed it himself. No thanks to the "professional mechanics" who had us spend a small fortune and a lot of downtime.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
When I got our Zipper I could not believe how well built it is....taking it out of the box was like opening the door to a brand new Mercedes! it is a very solid piece of equipment and does an amazing job in both residential and commercial. It leaves the carpet much drier which is a huge bonus for residential.
For me personally, one of the big bonuses is that it really saves wear and tear on my back. I have severely ruptured discs and cannot sling a wand anymore, but I can push a Zipper all day. Anything that is going to clean so well and save your husbands back is well worth the money.
I'm not sure if you have plans to try to get more commercial work but this tool will make you want it. It speeds up the jobs and will make you a lot of money.
Erik stands behind his Zippers 100%, and if you got it and did not like it you can send it back. But I can guarantee you will not want to give it back.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
My husband wants to buy a zipper wand.

What do you currently use? Wand or rotary tool for your cleaning?

Is it really worth the price?

Yes the quality of the Zipper with out a doubt justifies the cost of the tool.

Is it durable, meaning what is most likely to break down on it?

The tool is one of the most overbuilt tools I have seen so the only breakdown would be just normal things any other tool would be subject too.....JETS, GLIDES, maybe the hook up line in time.

He has looked at a few other wands. There is a spinner wand but he doesn't think that it would do very well. We do mostly residential cleaning and some commercial cleaning.

This comment leads me to believe you are trying to decide if you want a rotary tool or zipper

Does it work well on residential jobs?

What do you currently use? Wand or rotary tool for your cleaning?
It is a incredible wand/tool BUT just like any tool it has its place, and it also depends on the prep of the carpet prior to using the tool. It does a great job for me in residential ( but mine are normally empty nothing in my way ). A smaller house, filled with furniture may give you a little trouble trying to get around things.
I own one and see both sides of what poeple say about the Zip. The best I can say is read the post links Mikey provided and then YOU will have to make that choice. It is a awesome tool...you wont find a tool with more quality in the build as the zipper has. The zipper as amazing as it is, is still a wand.....a bad ass wand, but if you are looking for something to give you aggitation to help with dirty carpets that a normal wand is leaving you with subpar results, a crb or rotary may be worth looking at.
I am not knocking the ZIPPER in any way, but I also don't know what you are trying to decide on where money should go Zipper or Rotary
Hope this helps

Last edited:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I want to make my above coments known I am not knocking on the Zipper in any way.

I get asked so many times what I think about tools/ TM's and just misc subjects. I can only give my best answer as to my little bit of knowledge. We as biz owners are always looking for the best tool, I am sure you are well aware there is just not ONE tool. By buying and adding the Zipper to your tool choice you will have the BEST TOOL when the situation/cleaning calls for it to be used.

Name
Scott Turknett
I want to make my above coments known I am not knocking on the Zipper in any way.

I get asked so many times what I think about tools/ TM's and just misc subjects. I can only give my best answer as to my little bit of knowledge. We as biz owners are always looking for the best tool, I am sure you are well aware there is just not ONE tool. By buying and adding the Zipper to your tool choice you will have the BEST TOOL when the situation/cleaning calls for it to be used.
I feel the same way about mine as you. Not the golden bullet, but worth their weight in gold if minimal agitation, high flushing, open spaces is what you have.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Not yet....I'm going to have my SEO guy make some videos and teach me how to link them all to multiple places and blog about them as well. We were just waiting till after the holidays, so hopefully within the next week or two. George is starting to recover a little bit from the chemo too so I can start focusing on actual work again thank God!

Reactions: Scott O

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Not yet....I'm going to have my SEO guy make some videos and teach me how to link them all to multiple places and blog about them as well. We were just waiting till after the holidays, so hopefully within the next week or two. George is starting to recover a little bit from the chemo too so I can start focusing on actual work again thank God!
Tell George, we all said Hi, and that if he keeps cleaning upholstery with that zipper hes gonna get ripped in no time.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Thank you Scott! I will! And yeah...it has been really hard watching him wither away, he has lost 40 lbs in the last few months. I need to try to whip him back into shape!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom