Zippered 14,000sqf

Name
Nate W.
Only if you had 2 brothers with Zippers also........ @Mark Saiger living the dream......!

Since you've experienced cleaning with the Zipper, do you feel that you could have cleaned it better or faster with a wand and less fatigue? Every time I used the Zipper on commercial, it seems like I get it done faster than when I first got it......

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
After using it for 3 days i would say the speed was slightly less than if i were to wand the carpet. However this was negated by the fact that the zipper flushed the carpet much better than the wand and left the carpet much drier than a wand, even with the dollar bill sized clump of hair i pulled out. It also taxed my body differently. When i wand my legs, feet, and especially the balls and big toe are really sore and can have a hard time walking. With the zipper my lower back was the thing that hurt the most. I was able to streach it out fairly easily though. So over all i think it will be the tool i reach for on commercial jobs. I tried it on one residential job, but found it too cumbersom while cleaning arround furniture.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Would you say you were doing better with it on day 3 than the first day? I don't have one yet and understand there is a learning curve. What was your experience?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
After using it for 3 days i would say the speed was slightly less than if i were to wand the carpet. However this was negated by the fact that the zipper flushed the carpet much better than the wand and left the carpet much drier than a wand, even with the dollar bill sized clump of hair i pulled out. It also taxed my body differently. When i wand my legs, feet, and especially the balls and big toe are really sore and can have a hard time walking. With the zipper my lower back was the thing that hurt the most. I was able to streach it out fairly easily though. So over all i think it will be the tool i reach for on commercial jobs. I tried it on one residential job, but found it too cumbersom while cleaning arround furniture.
Interesting that you mention the big toe. For the last six months, my left big toe feels like it's broken. For the small of your back to be aching, you must be exerting yourself, pushing the zipper forward it seems, is that the case?

Name
Nate W.
I've learned to grab the 2" hose and solution line about 2-3' behind the top of the Zipper.... I use the vac hose to help propel the Zipper forward given my weaker arm is on the handle.... If you hold the hose by your waist, it's not too difficult to keep good posture and not let your lower back hurt as much....

Reactions: jwfoulk12

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I defiantly got more of a rhythm as time went on. Still tripping over hoses though. Hose management is a lot different with this thing.

I think I was bringing it back too far/standing too close and would have to arch my back to push off the next stroke.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I've learned to grab the 2" hose and solution line about 2-3' behind the top of the Zipper.... I use the vac hose to help propel the Zipper forward given my weaker arm is on the handle.... If you hold the hose by your waist, it's not too difficult to keep good posture and not let your lower back hurt as much....
That didn't work too well for me. It seemed to work better for me if I threw the hose over my shoulder and down my back to my other hand.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
for my various power tools, I have used a hook with a Velcro wrap to hold the hoses together and hook it on to my belt, with a slight sag between me and the tool. Seems to work ok.

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
Onfire, your concerns with hose management can be addressed by my previous suggestions regarding the Zipper. I removed the handcuff that holds the vacuum hose on the upper part of the handle, installed a 2" grey flex hose to the vac chamber outlet, so you can angle it around and straight back between your feet at floor level. I run the flex inside the steel braided water line for further control. This allows two hands on the machine for optimum ergonomics.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Onfire, your concerns with hose management can be addressed by my previous suggestions regarding the Zipper. I removed the handcuff that holds the vacuum hose on the upper part of the handle, installed a 2" grey flex hose to the vac chamber outlet, so you can angle it around and straight back between your feet at floor level. I run the flex inside the steel braided water line for further control. This allows two hands on the machine for optimum ergonomics.
Do you have a photo or a link to one?

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom