Zippered a Mexican restaurant

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I have cleaned this restaurant several other times with my Ti wand. This time I used the Zipper with the same chemicals and it's never came out this clean. I ran the 870ss on high with high heat. I set the psi at 700 and the water was probably around 250. I kept the zipper keyed the whole time pretty much. I finished at 9am and left 3 airpath fans. When I went back to pick them up they said the carpets were dry by 11am when they opened. The Zipper didn't save me time on this job but I felt less fatigued and the carpets turned out better than my wand.
Here's a quick video of it but its to dark and you cant really see anything. I was by myself and just set my phone on a table. [video=youtube;sOvhRMLawtM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOvhRMLawtM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
You need to get some mytee hoseholdertogethers things to try out, thanks for the video. My zipper is In Transit right now and can't wait to get it.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
he should be walking with the hose on the other side of the zipper so he isn't fighting the hose

the unit with dual vacuum chamber can be a little tough to push if you have a machine with a lot of vacuum. Easier to pull it around

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
he should be walking with the hose on the other side of the zipper so he isn't fighting the hose

the unit with dual vacuum chamber can be a little tough to push if you have a machine with a lot of vacuum. Easier to pull it around

As you will find out, it's not harder to push than it is to pull. The more nap you have in the carpet and the more vacuum your truck has does play a factor in the resistant to the unit. When cleaning nylon or plush carpets, you want to take the weights off.

If you have any questions once your Zipper arrives, feel free to give me a call anytime.

Thanks!

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I was thinking of switching to 2 slot glides, the holes clog too often. Any of you made the switch?

I have tried using 2 slot glides, but it makes it difficult to push on your forward stroke because you are pushing down digging into the nap of the carpet. If you are not pre-vacuuming the carpet, I prefer a hole glide in the back and a slot glide in the front. Your hole glide does not clog up easily because the larger debris is being sucked up the front slot on your forward stroke.

Reactions: tmdry

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
[video=youtube_share;fA7T347f0_g]http://youtu.be/fA7T347f0_g[/video] [video=youtube_share;Ad2V6kbZgEE]http://youtu.be/Ad2V6kbZgEE[/video]

Sorry, but here is another dark video. The unit performs the best when used like a traditional wand with proper wand strokes, straight forward and straight back. It will flush and dry better and you won't be tripping on the hose. I like to clean using 6-8' strokes.

This is a video we shot this morning- old, very flat, worn-out carpet with some uneven concrete. Michael Lockhart made a good suggestion about using a strap to keep the hoses together, just don't strap to close to the Zipper because you will lose the ability to be able to pull your vacuum hose off to grab large debris from the carpet or corners. Yes, Marty- we would all like to pre-vacuum every job, but many times the price of the job does not allow you to, but a good agitation is always helpful.

Last edited:

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Steve, the zipper really isnt any harder to push. I was running my 870ss on high and it gets over 600cfm on high.

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
You need to get some mytee hoseholdertogethers things to try out, thanks for the video. My zipper is In Transit right now and can't wait to get it.

Michael, I do think those would be a big help. Where do I gey a set.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I was going to say the same thing about the strap, I have a few that I use not only to keep the hoses on the stair rail but also strapped to me 3 feet from the tool n on me. I'll try to find a video that I made regarding it.

Haven't tried the Mytee version, if anyone can post a link.

My bday is coming up if anyone wanna buy me a Zipper, don't hold back.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Here is another one for you. Hey Lockhart, did you get to use your Zipper yet?

[video=youtube_share;uZvMyDmAibY]http://youtu.be/uZvMyDmAibY[/video]

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
What size head is that? I just ordered my 15inch from Olsen today.

Adam

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Adam, I hope you like it. That is a 15". There is a maintenance video on my website that may help you understand the Zipper a little better. Here is 20,000 Sq/Ft we did Monday. We normally use a CRB, but the Cimex definitely out-scrubbed it.

[video=youtube_share;Cpkp_GO2RBs]http://youtu.be/Cpkp_GO2RBs[/video]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom