ZZZzBest Carpet Cleaning history

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
One thing that amazes me....how the hell did he know all of this stuff at 16-18 years old???

There is a certain innocence and naivete that the very young to the business world have. What happened to him? Someone had to have taught him how to use the system in this way. I could see it if he was in his 30's or 40's, but he was a baby when he started doing this! Someone passed this "knowledge/skill" on to him.

Take care,
Lisa

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
One thing that amazes me....how the hell did he know all of this stuff at 16-18 years old???

There is a certain innocence and naivete that the very young to the business world have. What happened to him? Someone had to have taught him how to use the system in this way. I could see it if he was in his 30's or 40's, but he was a baby when he started doing this! Someone passed this "knowledge/skill" on to him.

Take care,
Lisa

Definitely must have been an "invisible hand" working behind the scenes. That world is pretty closed to outsiders and in 1987 it was a tiny group of white country clubers.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Definitely must have been an "invisible hand" working behind the scenes. That world is pretty closed to outsiders and in 1987 it was a tiny group of white country clubers.

I disagree.. I have some friends that were absolutely cut from the same stone. Having the "stones" to do business
that way at a very young "just out of highschool" age. They were not guided by some white country clubbers but their own
willingness and "wantingness" of making money, ANY way they could...some people have that in them.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I disagree.. I have some friends that were absolutely cut from the same stone. Having the "stones" to do business
that way at a very young "just out of highschool" age. They were not guided by some white country clubbers but their own
willingness and "wantingness" of making money, ANY way they could...some people have that in them.

Really, you know people who can raise half a $ billion dollars from wall street?

You know some real bad a$$es then, only a handful of people in the country can pull that off.
Its unlikely a teenager had those kinds of connections on his own.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I wasn't saying half a billion... I was saying some people just have that in them that can talk/deal/cheat/trick their way into some pretty serious business.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Oh yeah Zee, he obviously is a shameless con and good at it, but a 15-16 year old kid just doesn't "know" how to pull off the crap he did. Someone had to show him the ropes...who knows about Ponzi schemes, kiting checks and going public as a 16 year old with a carpet cleaning biz out of their parents garage? Some other articles mentioned he may have had mafia clientele...now that would explain where he learned that at such a young age....

Does he remind anyone else of Crazy George?

Take care,
Lisa

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I don't think he went public at 16 he was closer to 21 but that's still young.

He was connected allegedly with some bad people, the kind that get you killed if you mention Their names.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
It said it collapsed when he was 20 so ya it's crazy. I know he canvassed at a1 and millers for techs offering higher %, but the Capitol to but ads and get going is another story.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
From the people I knew, who went to Rocky Peak in Chatsworth, he was sincere before He left to start his own church in San Diego.

Reactions: Mikey P
F

FB7777

Barry was a young hustler that started a carpet cleaning company... wanted to take a short cut to the top and hooked up with organized crime

They laundered 10s of millions of dollars through his fake restoration company and nobody bothered to check the legitimacy of the work and invoices.

Banks were fooled and Wall Street auditors were blind and the damn thing went public

Minkow bragged all the while that he was building an empire

Total scumbag and anyone that gave him a second or third chance was an idiot

rick imby

Name
Rick
Oh yeah Zee, he obviously is a shameless con and good at it, but a 15-16 year old kid just doesn't "know" how to pull off the crap he did. Someone had to show him the ropes...who knows about Ponzi schemes, kiting checks and going public as a 16 year old with a carpet cleaning biz out of their parents garage? Some other articles mentioned he may have had mafia clientele...now that would explain where he learned that at such a young age....

Does he remind anyone else of Crazy George?

Take care,
Lisa

This is an old post/thread but---Almost everyone learns to kite checks---until they start bouncing...
In the late 80s in the bicycle business I built lines of credit of around 700k. I never had audited statements. After my divorce I still had credit lines of 700k and no assets. If you paid your bills on time and smoozed your credit managers it did not take long to build credit in an industry.

The banks could not verify your reported income tax statements with the IRS until the 90s. I have an electrician friend that was reporting 10-12k per year in income to the IRS and 70-80k per year to the bank. He lived in a very nice house had a couple of nice cars, a boat etc.

Credit reporting and sharing between banks and lenders was not like it is today.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
This is an old post/thread but---Almost everyone learns to kite checks---until they start bouncing...
In the late 80s in the bicycle business I built lines of credit of around 700k. I never had audited statements. After my divorce I still had credit lines of 700k and no assets. If you paid your bills on time and smoozed your credit managers it did not take long to build credit in an industry.

The banks could not verify your reported income tax statements with the IRS until the 90s. I have an electrician friend that was reporting 10-12k per year in income to the IRS and 70-80k per year to the bank. He lived in a very nice house had a couple of nice cars, a boat etc.

Credit reporting and sharing between banks and lenders was not like it is today.

If he were to get auditted he would’ve been hosed.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Yes--if he had had a balance sheet audit by the IRS he would have been toast.

I agree today the IRS looks at your filings and bank statement so your deposits should
match your sales closely, it your saying you had $150,000.00 in sales, but you deposit $200,000.00 that’s a red flag.

randy

Name
Randy
He was using his fraud institute to extort money from Herbalife $300,000 and millions from other victims. Then he set up unauthorized checking accounts at the church he "pastored " and ripped off the church for $3,000,000

Sad thing is it's happening in churches coast to coast everyday. NO AUDITED Financial statement = NO CONTRIBUTION. It is NOT the LORD'S plan for you to be ripped off in his name. If the statement a church gives out is internally created it is NOT A VERIFIED document that has been signed off on by an outside accounting firm. That is clue #1 that your church is scamming you. I have personally seen this three times in 20 years. Once it was so bad I went right to the U.S. Attorney and filed a formal complaint. The pastor resigned and was "LED by the LORD " to go elsewhere. Now 20 years latter he has recently been kicked out of another church for the same stuff and homosexual rape of several young boys over many years. Many of these church guys are what the Bible calls wolves in sheps clothes. Shear them before you give a dime.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
surprised that in the wiki it says he had plans of buying the Seattle Mariners, because our team for a long time was owned by the owners of Nintendo and the only time they ever sold it was recently for 600$ million to a group of investors.

hard to imagine a carpet cleaning scam artist claims to have been almost sold the team, sounds like bs

F

FB7777

Barry took Zzzz Best Public. Its stock was worth over $200 million at one point.

Probably just flexing by Minkow, considering what he pulled off, buying a Baseball team seemed like the next logical step

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom