09 Prochem Peak

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Its simply a work horse. I know of quite a few peaks that have been running problem free for several years, only time they go into a shop is for fluid changes and regular maintenance.

If I had the cash I'd buy one right now without a thought.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Haven't seen it here. TW (our service manager) tells anyone that will listen to buy a peak over everything unless your planing to dual wand daily.

Todd Anthony

290 CFM? I don't understand. My Blazer GT is 270. That Doesn't make since.

Kohler Engine .68 liter (25 HP/2850 RPM)
Sutorbilt Tri-Lobe T406 Vacuum Pump 290 CFM
Cat 3CP+ Water Pump 1,000 PSI
Water Flow Rate 3.7 GPM
Console Dimensions 47”L x 30-1/2”W x 39”H

Chris A

Name
Chris
That seems like a misprint. Should be 350-400 right?

Todd Anthony

So I guess the vacuum is about the same as on the Blazer GT but the Peak is about 7k more.

My Blazer does have decent vacuum with 2.5 inch hose for the first 50 feet.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
No.'the peak will maintain that at 400' where the blazer doesn't. I'll have to have the engineers explain it. The Peak is designed to run at the peak torque curve of the engine at all times. It was explained to me that made sense but I'm not that smart so I'll have someone else that is smart explain the technical aspects of it. To really put a wrench in your thinking the legend GT is 330cfm.

Able 1

Name
Keith
BowTie David said:
Hey has anyone had any problems with going through belts more than usual?

I've had a couple problems with belts early on, and have gone through a few exhaust manifolds. Thing is I have had no real major problems and I have 4,000 hours on mine. Exhaust manifold costs $180.00, and belts like $36.00 for the set..

Able 1

Name
Keith
There is no way you can run 400' of 2" and not feel guilty (if you know what your doing). All manufactures claims on hose run abilities are mostly FOS. The Peak is a great reliable truck mount and It only broke down on me 2 days (lost work) in 4,000 hours... Running 2.5 hose you can do 400' I did 450' with 200 of the run being 2.5 hose.

I like SS units, but I would never buy anything with a Briggs motor JMO.

Gordy

I have owned a peak since 2004 and have done over 5000 hours with it.

I have gone through a lot of belts. I suspect a part of the problem is the belts get too hot and consequently break. I plan to install a fan to ventilate the inside of the belt cage. I am hopeful if the belts stay cooler they will be less likely to break. Aligning the belt pulleys is critical but not that easy to do.

Other minor issues have been
1) Changing the vacuum pump oil is an absolute pita, you have to disconnect everything and jack the pump up by a few inches to drain the oil, then re-install the pump - this can take a few hours.

2) The exhuast manifold kept cracking - I have had my mechanic fabricate an exhaust manifold made from much thicker piping, that was 6 months ago, so far so good.

Excepting the above the peak has been a very reliable machine for me.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Get an oil evacuator
31RFGF1HlmL._AA160_.jpg

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Go for the gusto and get the Everest 650...

It's got mo power than the peak. shiteatinggrin

besides, you might start dual wanding some day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom