1 year old Mowhawk recycled plastic carpet

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
The carpet is light yellow and is filthy already. Client said that they only have water in the rooms and stairs. alot of spotting,
and the stairs are a mess. Has anyone cleaned this and was resoiling a problem. Still under warrantee!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I don't know if it still happens.
However, they used to soil fast before initial cleaning. The reason, I was told, is that in the procees of manufacturing they use oil for lubrication. All that oil was supposed to be removed by the mill (cleaned) before it gets to the consumer.

However, some time their cleaning, for lack of a better word, SUCKED!
So the carpet was still left oily and attracted soil like a magnet.

Usually once cleaned, by a real (not make believe) cleaner (not like the mills) it will just have the normal soiling.

dgargan

Also never believe a customer when they tell you they never eat in that room and their pet never goes in the house.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
only installed 1 year ago. kids 1 and 3 and mom is health nut so not much of a chance of much. Maybe a party but spotting is everywhere

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
kolfer1 said:
I don't know if it still happens.
However, they used to soil fast before initial cleaning. The reason, I was told, is that in the procees of manufacturing they use oil for lubrication. All that oil was supposed to be removed by the mill (cleaned) before it gets to the consumer.

However, some time their cleaning, for lack of a better word, SUCKED!
So the carpet was still left oily and attracted soil like a magnet.

Usually once cleaned, by a real (not make believe) cleaner (not like the mills) it will just have the normal soiling.

Actually the polyester whether recylced or virgin does not have a lubricant. Olefin (polypropylene) has a lubricant (spin finish) due to the low melting point. That does need a scouring before being shipped or it will resoil.

I am not sure why this particular carpet is resoiling but seeing that polyester whether it is recylced pop bottles or the new triext (SmartStrand) is now over 30% of the manufactured carpet we need to get used to it.

Sorry I don't have a better answer. I would look to add a citrus booster to your prespray to attack the oliophilic tendencies of polyester.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
and they never want to POP back in the wear patterns...still just lays there

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have a couple of businesses with this carpet in the 2'X2' tile squares

prespray it with powder emulisfier and water rinse, maybe a crb brush scrub at times, has been fine so far

they put down new oil on the blacktop parking by one of them, thought I was going to have a mess but so far no problems with it

Back
Top Bottom