10.25%!

Mikey P

Administrator
attachment.php

What sales tax do you pay in your area?

Walt

Sales tax? What's that?

No sales tax in Oregon. A blessing when you buy a car.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
6.25% in MA but local towns can add .75%( i think)
Services are not taxed and most groceries and medicines are are not also

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Fees on phone bills, fees on gas, property taxes, sales taxes, fees on water bills, fees on electric bill, auto registration taxes, fica taxes, ss taxes, federal taxes, building permit fees, business license fees. How many did I miss? What percentage of that actuall dollar we earn actually gets spent on an item or service? I guarantee over 50% of every dollar you earn goes to a tax or fee somehow. And the thing that pisses me off is that they still don't have enough money! When does it end?

F

FB7777

Terry said:
6.25% in MA but local towns can add .75%( i think)
Services are not taxed and most groceries and medicines are are not also

Also no tax on clothing

With a sales tax of 10% , I'd do most of my shopping online out of state

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
idreadnought said:
Fees on phone bills, fees on gas, property taxes, sales taxes, fees on water bills, fees on electric bill, auto registration taxes, fica taxes, ss taxes, federal taxes, building permit fees, business license fees. How many did I miss? What percentage of that actuall dollar we earn actually gets spent on an item or service? I guarantee over 50% of every dollar you earn goes to a tax or fee somehow. And the thing that pisses me off is that they still don't have enough money! When does it end?
Have to pay for their pension some how :roll:

They were talking about BCHydro on a talk show, apparently BC owns its hydroelectric plants, makes 10B a year, yet needed to borrow money to repair some transformers and is raising the price of electricity because "expenses" are going up. SOmeone somewhere has a cushy income.

rick imby

Name
Rick
0% in the Great State of Montana..

Like Oregon, Alaska and I think Vermont there are a few states holding out to the Sales Tax that will start at 3% and just creep as high as you fools let it.

Back
Top Bottom