10" Foot Long

Ron K

Has anyone noticed that the gallon containers are either getting bigger or the liquid is evaporating???

Or is it just me. I don't have the time to measure one out but it seems to me we're buying 124oz's.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
As a formulator, I am well aware of liquid amounts ending up in the plastic bottles.

We always overfill a few oz, and use 3 different plastic compounds for packaging different products.

Solvents and fragrances can migrate thru the plastic bottles,

and leave the depressed panels on round bottles.

We use Barrier bottles with 3 layers, to provide the best protection against product loss.

Some products can also build pressure, which expands the bottle,

and makes the level of liquid look low.

Larry

Reactions: J Scott W

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Weights and Measures are a legal issue. If hey label says 128oz it damn well better have 128oz the same thing with weight. Not only can the manufacturer get into big trouble so can the supplier. I had a whole pallet of powder that every container was off. Luckily I have lifted enough to know when we un loaded it felt off.

Sure enough everyone was 1-3lbs off. The manufacturer immediately went and checked their scales and sent make up product and lids so we could fix it.

The fines are massive if DOT did a spot check and a load was off the bill of laden and called in weights an measures. If you suspect your jug/jar is off what the label says (lbs/oz) wise please contact the supplier or if you by direct from the Manufacturer (Cobb) call them. The might not know their scale and or dispenser is off.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I know I've bought gallons of Citrus Solv and I'd swear they were light. I really need to measure it next time.

As Larry explained, solvents and fragrances will evaporate. The longer in the bottle, the higher the storage temperature, the more that may have evaporated. Products that are going to have the most evaporation. We overfill a little to compensate. But if anyone thinks there is enough missing to bother with a complaint, let me know. I will make it right.

Reactions: Barry-QDCC

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
As a formulator, I am well aware of liquid amounts ending up in the plastic bottles.

We always overfill a few oz, and use 3 different plastic compounds for packaging different products.

Solvents and fragrances can migrate thru the plastic bottles,

and leave the depressed panels on round bottles.

We use Barrier bottles with 3 layers, to provide the best protection against product loss.

Some products can also build pressure, which expands the bottle,

and makes the level of liquid look low.

Larry

Funny you should say all this bull Larry. I bought several gallons of your citrus solve a couple of years ago and they were no where near full. I weighed them with a food scale. Accurate to a gram. When I called your shop, one of your salesman joked about a blind guy filling your bottles and said he'd send another gallon. I never got it.

C&S

Name
Scott
Larry took offence to a post that didn't even mention him or his company, but the negative reaction is bringing people out of the wood work against him.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom