$100.00 question...............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
My RX/20 broke on me today and it is not repairable............

so do I spend about $2100 and buy a spin master or drop the extra grand and just buy a new RX...........I am not seeing a difference in the machines..............am I missing something???

Scott Rogers

Not repairable, or cost too much to repair compaired to replacement cost?

I would get the real thing.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
It comes with a free rubber hammer to put your lid on before each job.

How did it break beyond repair? Drop it down a flight of stairs? I know of a guy that had one come out the back of his truck on the highway! Not pretty.

:D

Greenie

Jim, you can install your own fresh tank and rewire your V, I'm sure you can repair your RX!

Cracked frame?
Burnt motor?
Transmission?

There are a few guys with an older RX laying around that they retired for one reason or another, ask around for parts.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Come on Jim, tell us what you did to your RX....those things are near bullet-proof. it must be a heck of a good story!

Take care,
Lisa

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I was doing a commercial job and it got tired of standing up........

after fighting it for a while I turned it over and the frame/housing had cracked and the pivot shaft had broke..........

The shaft is nothing to fix but the frame is not repairable.............up under it where you cant see unless you always flip it over the powder coating came off and just started rusting away and she snapped........

I bought this unit used about 4 years ago for $1000. It was in pretty good shape...and I myself have put a lot of miles on it.....

I have more then got my money out of it..........

Can I get a RX with the old style star or is the one with the 3 cone jets and half/ass skids the only way they sell it now.........

I was looking at my star and it has always been in rough shape....I think the guy that use to own it always left it on instead of removing it when he had it in his van and bent it up some...It has always wore the glides very uneven.......

Rex Tyus

That is a difficult decision. I would have a difficult time making a Hydra-master purchase of any type right now.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have always used a RX and when I got the Vortex I put the Rx in the garage and cleaned without it for about 2 weeks ...........

after that 2 weeks I put it right back on the truck....and been using it ever since

There is a difference in your cleaning no matter what TM you have behind it.......

It is one of those subjects that not everyone agrees on .like what TM or vacuum.........

For me it is great on CGD and Berbers and does a great job on cut piles
I won't go long with out replacing this one.........

Greenie

Time for a $200 frame, I know someone has an RX with a burnt motor in the garage somewhere, ask around. It's always good to have parts for your favorite toy.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I think I will just buy a new one and use this one for parts......... Everything works great on it.................

thanks for the help

The Preacher

Scott Rogers needed a star for an old style RX for a project he was working on. if you buy a new one give him a call or PM!!!

Shane

I would try and fix it before you go out and buy a new one.

Keep those back barn doors closed and slow down. :p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom