100% cow hide

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I've gotten a few tips from our local vendors on cleaning this. Have not come across 100 cow hide with 100% Cotten back. It can't have to much moisture on it as the glue from backing could start coming apart. Was recommended to use Solvent Cleaner by Bridgepoint. Hand wipe on and possible brush in and wipe to remove? Anyone cleaned one of these before and how?

IMG_3340.JPG

IMG_3339.JPG

IMG_3341.JPG

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No but I have noticed very few cows in Kansas fall apart from rain. :winky:

OMS is usually your safest bet...however OMS is not a great cleaner. It works great on grease and oil but is fairly ineffective on water based soils and spills.

If I were you...which I'm not or I'd be smarter and better looking, I'd lightly spray it with your prep and use Host. :cool:

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
If it doesn't have any urine related odor issues then we wouldn't soak it. But we would wet it out, wash ,and rinse it, spin in centrifuge and hang on a pole to dry.

Your encap/compound method won't hurt it.

And it'll probably be more effective than that dry solvent.

Reactions: Shorty and WillS

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
That's better, now I can read it. :winky:

With Latex in the backing, I'd be wary of any solvent & would be inclined to encap with a Cimex.

Sorry if these words offend anyone. :winky: :bull: :stir:

upload_2017-6-10_10-23-55.png

:yoda:

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
This one house job told me throw the ram hide rug in her washing machine to make it white with a little bleach..i refused to do it and she went ahead did it....big mistake. Needless to say, it disintegrated in the washing machine to like a million pieces... Instruction says to use solvent.. So I dont know about cow hide but i dont like taking risk ever since that little episode..

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I feel confused.

The rugs pictured in the first pic both seem different, neither one looks like leather/cowhide.

Also, I don't see on the label where it mentions solvent??
The pic with the label also does not look like cowhide??

I can't find cowhide rugs on their website.

:headscratch: :yoda:

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I feel confused.

The rugs pictured in the first pic both seem different, neither one looks like leather/cowhide.

Also, I don't see on the label where it mentions solvent??
The pic with the label also does not look like cowhide??

I can't find cowhide rugs on their website.

:headscratch: :yoda:

They bought it at RC Wiley for $900. Cleaned up easy. Was worried at first, but just some encap and compound and back to new. As always. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom