100 hour Judson review

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Well, I have had the Judson (don't know the model name) for about 100 hours now. It is the same as the "lunch pail" with a real loud 30HP engine. Starts evertime, runs at a good engine temp so no overheating issues with the engine. As much heat as anyone would need with one wand, even for tile. We don't dual wand normally. The pump does not drop dramatically in pressure when the wand is keyed. The airflow/vacuum seems to be equal to the Genesis 59 we have but I have not put any gauges on it to measure exactly. It is plumbed a little differently though: 2.5 off the tank to a BIG filter box, then 2'' hose if it a 100 run or 50'2.5 and 100 2" if it is a 150 run. So far real happy with it. My thanks to Mike for showing me his Lunchpail and Greenie for setting up the deal.
Al
Ps Oh yeah, I have Les' home phone number if I have a problem. Try to get Hydramasters pres. home number if you need help.

clean one

Well i have a used Judson TNT i bought some time ago with like 1600 hrs on it. It now has 2550 hrs and running strong. Plus i have older nitro with over 4800 hrs and it runs great too.

These are the only 2 machines i have ever owned

Askal said:
Well, I have had the Judson (don't know the model name) for about 100 hours now. It is the same as the "lunch pail" with a real loud 30HP engine. Starts evertime, runs at a good engine temp so no overheating issues with the engine. As much heat as anyone would need with one wand, even for tile. We don't dual wand normally. The pump does not drop dramatically in pressure when the wand is keyed. The airflow/vacuum seems to be equal to the Genesis 59 we have but I have not put any gauges on it to measure exactly. It is plumbed a little differently though: 2.5 off the tank to a BIG filter box, then 2'' hose if it a 100 run or 50'2.5 and 100 2" if it is a 150 run. So far real happy with it. My thanks to Mike for showing me his Lunchpail and Greenie for setting up the deal.
Al
Ps Oh yeah, I have Les' home phone number if I have a problem. Try to get Hydramasters pres. home number if you need help.

THANKS, AL and you to ADES 100 hours down and 1,000,000 to go.

gary mackay

The heat is crazy! Today I blew a heater hose that blew into my cab. Took less than 30 minutes to slap in a 50' solution hose to finish the tile & grout job. I do have to quiet mine down a bit because people have been giving me dirty looks running that thing up to 8:30 PM with all this daylight savings time.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Just refilled the propane and gas tank (machine runs on a separate tank from the truck). 28.2Hrs and it used 18.5 gallons of propane and 22.2 gallons of fuel. I am sure that the idling time accounts for a little of that low fuel consumption. $114.00 for 28.2 hrs is 4.04 per hours ($3.05 for gas). My Genesis burns about 1.5 gallon per hr minimum with HX so that would be $4.57 per hr. I am pleased with those numbers. Anyone else running theirs on a separate tank that can say what their costs are?
Al

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
No dual yet and likely not any time soon. I would say = vac but I would have to have them side by side to say for sure. I would say a little less heat than the Gen. if you key the wand for a long period of time (like 10 minutes) but for practical use equal I guess. I actually keep it turned down a little unless it is a trashed greasy carpet that we are using an RX on with very little vac passes. The economy of it is what I am surprised about. $.50 an hour less in fuel with no HX issues. Although the little Pizo? sparker thing on the heater crapped out the second day. Just use a long fireplace lighter. Less grief. My wife was near it on a job today and she thought it was not that loud but I think it is pretty loud...but I like loud.
Al

Name
Nate W.
Askal said:
No dual yet and likely not any time soon. I would say = vac but I would have to have them side by side to say for sure. I would say a little less heat than the Gen. if you key the wand for a long period of time (like 10 minutes) but for practical use equal I guess. I actually keep it turned down a little unless it is a trashed greasy carpet that we are using an RX on with very little vac passes. The economy of it is what I am surprised about. $.50 an hour less in fuel with no HX issues. Although the little Pizo? sparker thing on the heater crapped out the second day. Just use a long fireplace lighter. Less grief. My wife was near it on a job today and she thought it was not that loud but I think it is pretty loud...but I like loud.
Al

Spoken like a true LG heater user... A mirror and a long bbq lighter is all that's needed...

Ben Had

I saw an old Judson unit in a van recently,thing had to be 20 years old.
Still makin' money.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Askal said:

Al, could you please pass Les's home phone number to Marc Imbesi.

He still has some issues he would like to discuss with good old Les :p

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
The lunch pail is deafening. It is louder than any other machine I have had. I like that. customers say "Wow, that must be really powerful". Now, in fairness to Les there are ways to quiet it down if you choose but even so it will never be a quiet direct drive type machine I think.
al
ps I am buying another soon. Don't get all uppitty on me Les, I still want a good deal.

ascrubabove

Just over a thousand hrs on mt TNT, biggest repairs to date:

Pressure gauge froze and busted ( my fault, forgot to plug in heater last winter)

Exhaust flex pipe fell apart, replaced it with $8.00 worth of copper tubing!

How loud a machine runs is a very important issue for me.

I have some wealthy clients that I have a friend help me with his portable.

It is easier because everything is so spread out. There is no point in dragging in 300' of hose to clean some upholstery, a few rooms, and a couple rugs.

I think a lot of people would appreciate not having a screaming machine in front of their house for several hours.

The tm is king, but there are jobs that it is more practical and respectful to run a porty.

In other words I would rather use a porty than a screaming machine.

My Legend is loud. I am a little emabarrased to use it now. Still it is not that loud.

I saw a guy with a Lancer at the repair shop. That was the loudest screaming machine I have ever heard.

I asked him how he could use that thing and not have a guilty conscience.

There must have been something wrong with the silencer.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Mine would never in a million years be quiter than any PTO I have heard. Just the engine alone would be louder. Sell the sizzle (loud and powerful) not the steak.
Al

TimP

Judsons do offer silencers. It's just the base model only has mufflers. I'm sure it can be quieter...how much quieter only Les could tell us.

steampro

Name
Ryan
Ive seen a few videos and they dont seem that loud, of course Im used to a 777 Vortex and that is probably the loudest TM in existance! Anything would seem quiet comared to this thing.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I've had a few threads about machines being loud but didn't get much of a response from any manufacture yet, I'm talking a substantial difference 50% or more.

woodsey

Still happy with my TNT. Plenty of suck ,loads of heat fast, NOT COMPLICATED. If it had been my first machine I would have saved a bucket load of $$$$ and missed out on alot of headaches. Woodsey

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
woodsey said:
Still happy with my TNT. Plenty of suck ,loads of heat fast, NOT COMPLICATED. If it had been my first machine I would have saved a bucket load of $$$$ and missed out on alot of headaches. Woodsey
I'll 2nd that. I would have saved enough to pay for it.

For silencing it, try mufflers or silencers in parallel. My old Big Red has a couple of large silencers plumbed in parallel. SHort of the engine noice and some blower noise, when I closed the doors all I heard was a load humm and the rush of air

Back
Top Bottom