100%

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Cleaned a carpet today. Orbot, padcapped it. I even clean a couple of sofas.

Man! good excercise. lol

I love Peroxcellent.

Up until now I've just been doing some small ones but this was a repeat (from a groupon) so I figured it would be a good job.

4500 sqft house 2 story....started early.

Came out fricken beautiful.

She got on the phone as I was wrapping up and was telling her friend how "unbelievable the difference in the carpet".

I guess I still got it. lol....where's the emoticon breathing on his fingernails and rubbing it on his shirt? lmao.

Finally a post from me...worthy of the "Clean" Room. :roll:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I took the Orbot home to clean the master bedroom and hall to master bath, I'd tracked mud/salt mix onto from the bad weather last week and it wouldn't vacuum out. While I was cleaning my wife had me do the living room and traffic areas in the twin's bedrooms.

Looked pretty good, especially considering how bad the master bedroom was.

I think I still prefer HWE method for residential, but it's so muddy out, I didn't want a truck getting all muddy and hoses trashed.

My wife loved it, clean carpet in the middle of winter! :mrgreen:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
technically you didn't clean the carpet you just spread out the dirt more evenly so i doesn't show.

gene

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have an off white color carpet and the entry where I walked from outside tracking through the garage and mud room was pretty dark from my muk boots.

It looks clean and my pads were black, so while I may not have got it all, my pads show I got most of it.

I'll HWE it this summer, when the weather isn't a problem.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's just chem dry with a little more aggitation and a lot better chemistry.

If it looks clean, smells clean, stays looking clean and the customer is happy.

It's clean.
KMA. !gotcha!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL Corners? Who gets the corners dirty?

Vacuum.

Need more? I'm and old school scrubber from the 70's, bucket and brush (or damp pad with solution) works great for corners.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
For the record, the corners weren't dirty to begin with. But I did vacuum them.

I've pad cleaned for years before going steam with porties and TMs

This is less exspensive and I can get the carpet just as clean.

!gotcha! shiteatinggrin

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Ford Fairlane said:
LOL Corners? Who gets the corners dirty?

Vacuum.

Need more? I'm and old school scrubber from the 70's, bucket and brush (or damp pad with solution) works great for corners.

LOL- that is how I cut my teeth (and got lots of torn knuckles) when I first started.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Me too! LOL

I was 12-years old, my father pile lifter and I vacuumed the corners and edges. He would shampoo and I would vacuum it up the foam.

I also cut in the corners and around vent covers and door ways.

I eventually got replace by an Chemstractor ring. :mrgreen:

Then Vapor Vac stainless steel extractors weighing a couple hundred pounds. :shock:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Removing and scrubbing the heck out of the carpet around and under the vent covers was a pain. corners and edges not too bad as a kid of 20, but would really suck today. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
When I was a youngen I went around every edge in every house on my hands and knees. (Not like that Bawb)

kept be from being so hyper later in the afternoons.

-JB-

Name
JB
I'll say right now, the ONLY thing I care about is if the customer is 100% Satisfied, PERIOD.

end of story.

beyond that it's just a
PeeingInSnow.gif
contest.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Clean perceived is clean achieved.
JB said:
I'll say right now, the ONLY thing I care about is if the customer is 100% Satisfied, PERIOD.

end of story.

This is one reason why so many people are replacing carpets. It "looks" clean when the cleaner is finished, then resoils or prematurely wears out due to soil load.
Can't remove everything but if you remove as much of the soil load as possible, THEN "YOU" can say its clean and the customer will believe you.

That said, since most can be removed dry, all that remains is that which is stuck to the fibres.

PeeingInSnow.gif
OPing takes on a whole new meaning :shock:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No way! shiteatinggrin

You didn't really say that did you Ron?

How many times do you cross over the same square foot of carpet while doing your obsessive compulsive vacuuming gig? :shock:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
well hec, I only consider vacuuming as Step One. DIdn't realize that each pass was considered a step :roll:

I usually make a pass then overlap by 50%, and keep moving. Now at what speed I make that pass...that's determined by how much is coming in. That also determines whether it needs more passes as well.
At least with the Cleartrak I can tell if it needs more vacuuming, unlike some vac models (not mentioning any names) that use bags and leave a ton of soil unknowingly. !gotcha!

Back
Top Bottom