10k hospital bill in th mail today...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
That's all!
Seems like even a small one is 20K.

Usually they are happy to take $500-1000 a month untill it is paid for.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
that sucks, when I read it I was thinking check for work done. Sucks dude

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Trade them some cleaning. ???

Call them and work out a payment plan. $100.00 a month.

You'll have it paid before your son makes it to middle school. :shock:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Dang! That is not fun!! :-(

On the other hand...if everyone is gona be ok and healthy, that is worth a lot of money. Just thinking back to two years ago, our first baby we wanted....the little guy never got to grow full term and be born.

RickL

Ouch sorry to hear that but glad the wife and soon to be born baby are doing well.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I would be prepared to really twist their arm. I have a friend that is a doctor and he told me medicaid only pays about 40% of what the self pay patients pay. so that would mean your 10k bill is now 4k. that is what I would tell them I would be willing to pay and they will I am sure say no at first, thats ok just stick to your guns and say 4k is all you can give them. they will say oh we will send this to collections, I would say do it, I am only paying 4k. don't be scared,

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Here is what I don’t get; if there is a restoration job that is not covered by insurance most companies will give someone a break on the price. With health care, it’s the other way around.

Mike Draper

over $200,000 for my little girls 2 week stay in ICU and a life flight. :shock: Thank goodness for insurance.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
My wife is had been uninsurable.

I've paid a lot out in the last 20 years.

Still working on one. (Pulmonary embolism)

I would more than welcome one for only 10k

Many have been for 2-3 times that.

Last year she was finally able to get on disability. (No money just pays med bills)

Sure helps a lot.

Becker

Name
Becker
Wow, they were quick to bill you..

I had to visit the ER a few months back.

Took them over 30 days to send me a bill for my visit.

No insurance? Aid?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Becker said:
Wow, they were quick to bill you..

I had to visit the ER a few months back.

Took them over 30 days to send me a bill for my visit.

No insurance? Aid?

well they probably haven't sent all the bill yet. I also use the same analogy about water damage and insurance, honestly what I do with self pay water damage jobs is say, ok you get half off what I would charge insurance, but we need to be paid upon completion. and that half off is a real half off, not half off some inflated value that the hospitals come up with.

hospitals have as many as a dozen different pricing rates depending on WHO is paying the bill. it would be like me saying oh you don't have insurance we have to charge you double for your water damage job.

And I believe a hospital cannot stipulate how much you have to pay every month. You set that rate. Offer them $50 a month and see how fast they write it all off.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
They are less likely to reduce bills because they depend on full payments to offset medicaid.

Still can't hurt to ask.

I've been paying several hundred a month for the last 20 years on hospital bills for my wife.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Dave Yoakum said:
They are less likely to reduce bills because they depend on full payments to offset medicaid.

Still can't hurt to ask.

I've been paying several hundred a month for the last 20 years on hospital bills for my wife.

knowing they will take 40%, my attitude is they can sue me if they don't like my offer, let them explain to the judge why they are charging a self pay person more, the reality is that will not happen because when push comes to shove they will take cash in hand vs spending money and not winning anyways.

S

sam miller

to bad no major medical insurance with a 2 to 3 thousand dollar deductible my whole family thru blueshield is covered for

around $300.00 per month. there's 5 of us my oldest is gonna get hers thru Homedepot soon better insurance!

Still if I go in and get sick and have a 20 k bill I only pay $2500.00 I think thats a yearly deductible also. My wife knows.

I got a really cheap Business Insurance policy also through Mercury about $600.00 per year a million dollar policy which

works for what I do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom