12v Shurflo 60psi pump pulsation

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I have a new 12v 60psi Shurflo pump, I made an elec sprayer with a 12ah battery and it Pulses On-Off-On-Off-On-Off with the trigger pulled.

It's the type of pump that has a flow sensor and shuts off when the trigger is not pulled... could my spay wand not flow enough for the pump to stay on constantly?
It seems to really "Gush" out even with the adjustable tip set to Mist.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it is called a demand pump and for some reason there is not enough flow (demand ) to keep it pumping......

It has a pressure switch in the end of the pump head. It comes on reaches 60 psi and shuts off. Pressure drops and the pump cycles on again. This is normal as the tip you are using is too small. The rocket sprayer done this as well. Increase the tip size to drop the pressure below the cut on setting and she will stay running.. Much easier on the pump to stay running!

Name
John LaBarbera
The better Surflo pump is the same as you have but with internal bypass valves and no pressure switch. This set up will allow you to use any size jet you want. As already stated to fix your problem with that pump is go to a larger jet size.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Thanks for the advise,

I'm going to go with as big of a tip as possible, as I want to be able to DUMP my pre-spray as fast as possible so I can get on with the job.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
The other thing i did was replace the pressure adjustment screw with a longer one. Then i cranked down on that while spraying until the pump remained on. Believe it or not it worked, but I'm not sure if it was good for the pump. Still works though.

Back
Top Bottom