15" Greenhorn Jetting

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
It kills me to admit it, but Merty was right.

Wand over sprays with 02 jets, but not with the 03s I've been using since wand was new.

Got a Bristor adjustable manifold before I was banned. Moving jets closer to carpet eliminates overspray but causes streaking on some carpets.

How do yall run 02s on a 15" Greenhorn?

Edit: Maybe the wand is 14". I don't remember. It's the Greenhorn with five jets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Lawrence

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
It kills me to admit it, but Merty was right.

Wand over sprays with 02 jets, but not with the 03s I've been using since wand was new.

Got a Bristor adjustable manifold before I was banned. Moving jets closer to carpet eliminates overspray but causes streaking on some carpets.

How do yall run 02s on a 15" Greenhorn?

Edit: Maybe the wand is 14". I don't remember. It's the Greenhorn with five jets.

Can you post some pics of the backside of the head of the wand? I'm not familiar with Joe's kit, so don't know if it's set up like we set them up.

Also what is the angle of the jets? 02 is the flow rate, the numbers before that are the angle, should be like 95 or 110.

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: Johnny
Name
Steve Lawrence
Just a quick shootout to Johnny and all my fellow pros banned from bristor. My kinda people.

Last edited:

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
11002s. Had been running 03s with stock manifold, which worked fine. Tried a Bristor manifold for a while but didn't like it cuz it's kinda flimsy and goes out of adjustment. Went back to stock. Threw 02s on stock manifold for better dry times and got overspray. Put the 02s on the Bristor manifold which allows closer to carpet distance, which corrects overspray, but causes streaking. Would prefer to use 02s on the stock manifold.

Thanks, Lisa!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
11002s. Had been running 03s with stock manifold, which worked fine. Tried a Bristor manifold for a while but didn't like it cuz it's kinda flimsy and goes out of adjustment. Went back to stock. Threw 02s on stock manifold for better dry times and got overspray. Put the 02s on the Bristor manifold which allows closer to carpet distance, which corrects overspray, but causes streaking. Would prefer to use 02s on the stock manifold.

Will try to remember (I'm an old fart), how to post pics when I have a few mins.

Thabks, Lisa!

if the outside jets are 11002, go 9502
If 9502, try 8002

to prevent the streaking on the close to the carpet jets, you have to lower the psi .
or you can try the "E" jets ..the "E" stands for "even" and give same spray from end to end.
you have to special order them from a farm supply store .

they won't stay even very long though and eventually will get just like regular jets where the spray is heavier in the middle of the fan pattern

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Yep, use the stock manifold. Sheer kits and funky angles suck.

Garbage designs from a guy who does not Really Clean carpet.

You'll get some drips/leak from the manifold draining that you can slow down with Westpack extender/check valves use the short half in options but this may alter your spray pattern so jet size may need to be reconfigured.

bes to test all this at a Real Supplier who will let you try different jets without banning your from his store for wasting his time and not buying everything you talked to him about.

Reactions: Lefty724 and Johnny

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
On the 5 jet manifold you can run 9502's all the way across without any issues.
I like the six jet manifold over the five. Hate the 4 jet manifold some use on the pmf 14.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

Thanks, Lisa!
My exact same experience with the Bristor Manifold. It is attached in a flimsy amateurish way.

Last edited:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I have 5 11002's @500 psi with little to no overspray. IMG_0036_zpsa8b1d594.jpg

Yes, but you have a real Greenhorn manifold. he sent me pics of his and it is all kinds of jacked up, not a GH manifold, maybe Joe's kit, I dunno but it's messed up. I told him to put his stock parts back on and then we can go from there. This is what he has right now:

View attachment 2287

Take care,
Lisa

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Yes, but you have a real Greenhorn manifold. he sent me pics of his and it is all kinds of jacked up, not a GH manifold, maybe Joe's kit, I dunno but it's messed up. I told him to put his stock parts back on and then we can go from there. This is what he has right now:

View attachment 2287

Take care,
Lisa

Yea, that's Joe's shear kit. I'll say ten hail marys and restore wand to stock. Should I try 9502s? Couldn't find any locally today.

Last edited:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Yea, that's Joe's shear kit. I'll say ten hail marys and restore wand to stock. Should I try 9502s? Couldn't find any locally today.

When you get the pics with the stock stuff back on, I'll see what you need and send it to you. On me. I can't believe you've been using that wand like that.

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: Lefty724 and Johnny

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
That's the manifold I got rid of.
Just did not have the even impact across 14 inches in my opinion.

Kevin;

Did your wand have the angled jets @ 45° shown in the inset photo above ?

Also each jet spray line must be slightly angled to prevent sprays from hitting each other.

Larry

Last edited:

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
When you get the pics with the stock stuff back on, I'll see what you need and send it to you. On me. I can't believe you've been using that wand like that.

Take care,
Lisa

Thanks, Lisa! I'm suckin rug today. Will get the original parts on ASAP.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have said this many times. I have done everything suggested. Nothing works.

Just this morning, I was cleaning a bank carpet. It was green and I was able to see my overspray quite well on it. My Titanium wand has this jet configuration ... 80002, 95002, 11002, 11002, 95002, 80002. The two outside 80002 jets are also turned so that the spray pattern is turned away from the outside edge of the slot.

As I was cleaning, I could clearly see the water spraying onto the carpets and could see the outside spray hitting the carpets about a 1/4 inch behind the slot, and away from the edge about 1/8 inch. However, I also was able to clearly see a fine mist of water shooting off the edge of the slot, right off the top of the glide onto the carpet. Because I was running detergent in my rinse water, and the carpet was green, the white overspray lines left on the carpet were quite easy to see.

This same thing happens with my Greenbean wand, which also has 80 degree outside jets.

I don't notice any overspray with either wand, the Titanium nor the Greenhorn, even with normal 95 degree outside jets, as long as I am running without a glide.

I think the glide is the cause.

I used to think it was because the glide raised the spray bar, and thus the jets, up off the carpet enough that the spray pattern was allowed to widen to the point that it oversprayed. However, lowering the spray jets by using extenders had no effect.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I have said this many times. I have done everything suggested. Nothing works.

Just this morning, I was cleaning a bank carpet. It was green and I was able to see my overspray quite well on it. My Titanium wand has this jet configuration ... 80002, 95002, 11002, 11002, 95002, 80002. The two outside 80002 jets are also turned so that the spray pattern is turned away from the outside edge of the slot.

As I was cleaning, I could clearly see the water spraying onto the carpets and could see the outside spray hitting the carpets about a 1/4 inch behind the slot, and away from the edge about 1/8 inch. However, I also was able to clearly see a fine mist of water shooting off the edge of the slot, right off the top of the glide onto the carpet. Because I was running detergent in my rinse water, and the carpet was green, the white overspray lines left on the carpet were quite easy to see.

This same thing happens with my Greenbean wand, which also has 80 degree outside jets.

I don't notice any overspray with either wand, the Titanium nor the Greenhorn, even with normal 95 degree outside jets, as long as I am running without a glide.

I think the glide is the cause.

I used to think it was because the glide raised the spray bar, and thus the jets, up off the carpet enough that the spray pattern was allowed to widen to the point that it oversprayed. However, lowering the spray jets by using extenders had no effect.

The spray should either hit directly behind the glide, or right at the carpet/glide interface on commercial pile carpet. If it is hitting high on the glide it will splatter. You can adjust the angle of the spray on a titanium wand by putting a set of ViceGrip pliers on the manifold and bending the tabs that hold the manifold slightly.

Take care,
Lisa

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Lisa has been helping me with my Greenhorn. I put all the original parts back. Ground the surface of the bracket that attaches the manifold for a little adjustment, but don't know that I will need it.

Lisa is sending me 9502s for the ends and some check valves.

Thanks, Lisa! GREENGLIDES ROCKS!

Reactions: Lefty724 and SamIam
Back
Top Bottom