169 whole house special. Includes carpet protector

Could you make money on this special?

Includes 6 areas, hall, and stairs. Clean, deodorize, and protect.

living room or den and mb count as two areas.

No upsells at all and you have to pay a two man crew.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Yes

Cheap protector bought in bulk, shot of DL for "deodorizer." Really got to limit the furniture moving to maybe a living room set, maybe a nightstand or two.

2 guys it shouldn't take an hour start to finish. Upsell Pet Deodorizer when they need it and add a $10 to $20 fuel fee or do Stanley Steemer pricing and charge extra for traffic lane pre-treatment and/or spot treatment.

You can also upsell the protector by offering the base protector for free and offer Gold Protection with one year of spot removal for an additional fee. People love insurance.

I do whole house specials and offer unlimited 1 and 2 story prices. I move very little furniture and spend way less time in the home than I ever did before. The biggest difference is I spend my time cleaning and not moving crap, and I am comfortable sending out a 1 man truck on lighter days. I don't spend alot of time steaming red spots unless they want to pay for it, we carry in a bucket full of spotters and furniture sliders and are very efficient.

I will warn you that when you price jobs out like that you will get a few calls from people who think that every service you perform should be dirt cheap. That's OK if you like cleaning a living room set for $50 or so, but sometimes people are shocked that other prices are higher.

I am not a salesman and neither are the guys. Some of the things I mentioned we currently do and some are things other companies do.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
an owner op could with a minimum wage chimp could probley make a little money if the scheduale wqas stacked and packed. Not to mention if the customer needs any other svcs like t&G, area rugs , or upholstery done.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You can make money if you have 10 or more crews doing it.

The guys cleaning won't make money....but you might.

Just ask Ken.

(Not sure if Ken's guys make money, that was just my part.)

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Brian some of Ken's lead techs make upward to 40-50k if I remember correctly.

I guess they should work for Greg Cole. He said his top guys average 125k per year. I did the math and found it nearly impossible for his guys to make more than 40k.

Name
Bruce
Brian R said:
[quote="Steven Hoodlebrink":3co318bs]Brian some of Ken's lead techs make upward to 40-50k if I remember correctly.

Oh, so then I was right. :mrgreen:

Thanks Hoodrow.[/quote:3co318bs]$40 to $50k a year in MI is living the good life.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Bruce Humphrey said:
[quote="Brian R":3oflbcle][quote="Steven Hoodlebrink":3oflbcle]Brian some of Ken's lead techs make upward to 40-50k if I remember correctly.

Oh, so then I was right. :mrgreen:

Thanks Hoodrow.[/quote:3oflbcle]$40 to $50k a year in MI is living the good life.[/quote:3oflbcle]

Exactly... 40-50k a year you can live comfortably in ohio/michigan. Maybe you won't drive a porshe, but you can easily support a family, and take vacations and what not. 40-50k around here is equiv to 60-70 on the west coast.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom