175 & dirt napper questions

NGC

Im going to order a 17" dirt napper from powr-flite. What size pad does this hold? Im assuming maybe like a 15"? Also I was thinking of using green and white striped pads or should I just stick with the plain white ones they sell for this? Will trashed green be a good cleaning solution to use with this setup? Also will this do all types of carpets or would I be better off using a normal bonnet system for certain types of carpets? Thanks in advance.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
the pads are made for the dirt napper, I think the are 15" but they are slightly thinner then a green stripe. I have some
micro-fiber that I use but they are thinner

the dirt napper brush is a pain to clean

the green stripe really doesn't do anything in my opinion

trash green is a good product but has a slight smell, don't know if they fixed that, haven't bought it for a while

I only use it on commercial carpet

Fred H

steve frasier said:
the pads are made for the dirt napper, I think the are 15" but they are slightly thinner then a green stripe. I have some
micro-fiber that I use but they are thinner

the dirt napper brush is a pain to clean

the green stripe really doesn't do anything in my opinion

trash green is a good product but has a slight smell, don't know if they fixed that, haven't bought it for a while

I only use it on commercial carpet

Ah yes, the dirt napper. got one back in 1994 . I used it to bonnet clean and to pre scrub restaurants and realy dirty carpets prior to extracting. It is a pain to clean. the best way I found was to take it to a car wash, hold it on it's edge with one hand and use the high pressure wand to blast the carpet fibers and hairs that would accumulate in the brushes out. It amazed me at how much stuff would come out. don't let the car wash catch you.

stick with the pads they sell for it.

I would use encap products with it if not extracting afterwards , vacaway encap green and spot and boost green perform well.

you have a 175 and a porty? bridgepoint clean free is a good pre spray.

Noidios

Name
Russ Zinck
I love my dirt napper. The 17" model is designed for 15" pads (but I use the 13" pads) Stick with the pads they make for the system - they last forEVER. I found a deal on them and stocked up, but I have never even had to throw one away.

NGC

ok gonna try one with encap green. one more question. is this suited for all types of residential or are there certain types of carpets that i would want to avoid with this setup? I have commercial and resi accounts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom