175 rotary & encap

kevinj61

can you, and how effective or good would it work to encap using a 175 rotary--thinking of doing this and i can't see buying another machine when i already have a 175 rotary with a carpet brush-and would you use the carpet brush or something else on the 175

Name
Lee Stockwell
It will work fine. I did half of a large truck terminal with it and a white buffing pad while my tech ran the TM on the other half.

Both sides looked great...and the encap side took 1/4 the time. As a TM diehard it's hard to accept...lol

kevinj61

so you used a 175 with a white buffing pad? was it one of those cloth type ones and what did you hold it on with-did you have some other kind of wheel for your 175--all i have is the carpet brush for my 175, do i need to buy something else

kevinj61

so i would have to get a drive block and i'm guessing that is what would hold the buffing pad in place

DannyD

Along the lines of your other post, I already OP & have thought about what you're talking about. A 175 w/ a tank will do as good a job IMO.

With OP, sprayers go out like a banshee due to the chems used. At least they have for me. I'm part time & have been thru prolly 30 sprayers in 5 years. The first few I didn't realize the OP juice was clogging em up. After that I started to clean em. Didn't matter. Maybe I didnt clean em long enough. Still, if 10-15 minutes cleaning-running water thru- 1 piece of equipment after every job isn't enough, what good is it? Sprayers & OP chems were not meant to be together.

On one job not only did my main sprayer go belly up, the back up went out too. So I put the solution directly on the pad. That looked just as good, if not better, than the parts where I presprayed, let it dwell, then padded it.

So that led me to thinking a 175 w/ a gravity fed tank could be the way to go. Ya put down the juice & scrub it in w/ a carpet brush. This would work in the pre-spray real good. Then go back over it w/ the pad using the same machine.

A friend from another board said he went to a 175 from an OP machine & it works just as well. That's w/out using a brush to scrub in the prespray.

I don't know for sure how my idea will work out, but it seems like it's worth a try. I'm starting to wonder if the effectiveness of OP isn't based more on the juice & pads rather than the "OP" action. I'd think a 175 w/ the same juice & pads as an OP machine could do the same quality job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom