175 rotary or osillating machine

kevinj61

what do you think would be better for encaping a 175 rotary or an ossillating machine

bigchuckie

175 is less expensive to buy. Dual speed buffer may be faster than an OP machine Rotary is versatile than an OP

Name
Lee Stockwell
I carry them both on my trucks. Each has its place.

I don't like using rotary and bonnets for carpets, OP is preferred as it digs out dirt 360 degrees.

OP is also better for tile and grout because it digs without slinging so much.

For smooth VCT rotary is much faster and effective than OP.

DannyD

I have an OP machine. I used to have a 175. My 2 cents is I don't see where the OP does a better job than the 175. The 175 is less $$. I'm getting another 175. From my understanding if you want OP, ya can buy an attachment from Rick G that'll turn your 175 into an OP machine for about $700. Then take it off when ya want your 175 back. If ya did that you'd have both machines for less than an OP machine would cost.

Name
Lee Stockwell
DannyD said:
I have an OP machine. I used to have a 175. My 2 cents is I don't see where the OP does a better job than the 175. The 175 is less $$. I'm getting another 175. From my understanding if you want OP, ya can buy an attachment from Rick G that'll turn your 175 into an OP machine for about $700. Then take it off when ya want your 175 back. If ya did that you'd have both machines for less than an OP machine would cost.

Nice concept, but doesn't work well.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I used the 175 and bonnets for years.

I can tell you that an OP (like my Orbot) is much more aggressive and does the work for your. I always had to step on the 175 or crank it sideways on bad areas...or pull out the scrubber head first.

The OP is easier to handle and won't go through a wall if you let it go and the trigger sticks...or at least mine wont.

The op is more impressive as well.

But the Newer Chems are really what's impressing me.

DannyD

Lee,

What would be wrong about it? I haven't tried it yet, but I would think it would be good. Where's the flaw in my thinking?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Most of the "adapters" have been either or both mechanical monstrosities / severe compromises compared to the dedicated machines they purport to emulate.

Example: the $300 drive block attachment for an RX-20 that turns a $3900 machine into an awkward half speed $500 buffer.

There have been several devices over the years that crudely approximate either OP or planetary motion. The shortcomings aren't noticed in time by newbies....thus they are the prime customers for them.

Thanks,
Lee

PS most of the 175rpm buffers I've ever owned were bought used, like new, for less than $200 each.

lance

Rick G.'s attachment is called the Scrub 3. It turns a rotary into a "cimex like" machine. Not OP at all.

What most people do understand is that OP is not just about the machine. It is a system. The machine, pad driver, counter-weight, pads, and cleaning solution is what makes OP what it is. Use the best of all of these and your system will clean very well.

Remember that Stansteemer and Chemdry are HWE just like you. But i bet you have a better system and get better results.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom