175?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I have never seen one that was not built like a tank, regardless of the manufacturer.

Unless your dead-set on buying new, it shouldn't take you too long to find a nice, gently used one, often for a couple of hundred bucks. Damn things last forever.
Keep an eye on craigslist, local classifieds, and Ebay sellers near you that will let you pick it up.

New or used, get a shower feed tank.

2 speed ones are the catz azz if you can find one.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
the best one in my opinion, is a nilfisk advance matador with water tank mounter over the motor. you will want to look for a grey one as the vanilla ones are about 10-15 years old.

you can get one in 17" or the 20", we like both and have multiple of both. very good machine that will last a very long time.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Check your local janitorial supply. One here will beats online prices because there is no shipping charge.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Try and find one that's under 90 pounds any heavier and you'll come up with excuses to not whip it out.

Get a pad driver, a clean freak shampoo brush and a NylaGrit brush from Jon Don if you clean tile and stone

Last edited:
Reactions: Russ T. and hogjowl

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Try and find one that's under 90 pounds any heavier and you'll come up with excuses to not whip it out.

Get a pad driver, a clean freak shampoo brush and a NylaGrit brush from Jon Don if you clean tile and stone

NylaGrit ??

And I have to force myself to man handle that sucker outta the rig!

Well worth it at times : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don't know if they still make them, but if you run into an inexpensive one called "BlueStar", stay away from it. I bought one years ago and it was a piece of junk. Much like the ones sold by that national janitorial company that sells cheap plastic junk to our industry. I honesty can't remember the name of it right now.

I have a Clark that is a great 175. I think I paid something like $800 for it. I've probably had it for 15 years or so. I bought the chrome package and it looked really nice until I brought my son on board. He doesn't pay the same attention to cleanliness and maintenance that I do, and he's scratched the hell out of the crome putting the wand back in the van! When I buy another one for his van, I won't be buying another chrome Clark. I'll be looking for something in flat black ... rhino lined would be good.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar

It'll be tough to beat that. An 81 pound 175 for $530. Great deal. You will get more use out of it if it's a little lighter. I bought a beast of a 175 about a year ago. It works great, I use it mostly for VCT, but I can't see dragging that thing into many homes. I'm alone though, it would help a lot if there were 2 of us.

The Clean Machine of Iowa
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
That 81 pounder is made partly out of Polyethylene - which is a plastic, right? Probably will end up not being as long lasting as those other buffers that just work forever but weigh 100+.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I saw a 13 inch with a telescope handle (to make it easier to store) made by Hawk. However I'm sure it wasn't a 1.5 motor.

I have a 17" hawk which is a rugged machine, however it does not balance as well as my old Nobel which moved across the carpet much more smoothly.

Woops, actually there is one: http://www.hawkenterprises.com/std_fl_mach.htm

Last edited:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Only new ones I have seen are made by Koblenz at 81 pounds.

I agree that Koblenz builds a good 175. They're solid ALL METAL machines. We sell both Mytee and Koblenz machines at Excellent Supply. I like the design aspects of the Mytee machines with their adjustable handle lever. I also like the ruggedness of the Koblenz machines. These two machines are at the top of pile IMHO.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I wouldn't buy a used 175 unless it was a cast iron one or I knew who I got it from.. They are cheap enough make sure the motor is strong enough and get a 17 inch not a 20 inch. Install a carry bar on the front for easy carrying. I got mine from Jon Don but most should be good

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom