2 1/2" hose

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
What would be the shortest run of 2 1/2" hose in a 100' run that would work correct?

I am going to get some 2 1/2" hose and just need to know how much to buy.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
If you want to see a good performance upgrade go with 75 feet of 2.5 and a 25ft lead hose of 2 inch.

John Olsen at superior cleaning solutions, I believe has some on sale right now. Give him a call at 801-225-0077

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
150 foot of 2 inch.........50 foot of 2.5..cut into 2.....25 foot sections....anything over 150 of the 2 inch is where you are really going to see the difference.......
then just pull off only what you need of the 2.5..either a 25 foot section or the entire 50 foot.......

if you have a really long job to do then throw a extra 50 foot of 2 inch in the van and use it....adding more 2.5 is not going to get you as much as adding the 2 inch...

this is my basic set up....that I use on both my thermalwave and the 570.......I have messed around with this for a long time to find that sweet spot for what is going to give me the best performance.......

BTW...you don't have to kill yourself man handling the 2.5 inch hose....you should already have your 2 inch run down...just drag off and when your done reel it back up....

Last edited:

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I run about a 40 foot section of 2 inch, the rest is all 2.5. I carry 3 50 ft sections of 2.5 and then my 1 section of 2 inch. If I think I'm gonna have a longer hose run then that I'll just throw in a couple of extra 50 ft sections of 2 inch. My 2.5 connects at the truck so I always real off the 2 inch and 1 section of 2.5.

tngvegas

Jesse, i bet most guys would not use less than 50 feet of 2.5 inch hose. if you are only running 100 ft. on every job then you are not really restricting the air flow enough to make a big diffence. You could run a 25 to 50 foot length of four to the door and then your 2 inch hose after that. it's really your choice, all 2.5 inch hose does is reduce the lift that is created by the restriction of two inch hose on really long hose runs.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
all 2.5 inch hose does is reduce the lift that is created by the restriction of two inch hose on really long hose runs.

So a 2.5in hose allows more airflow (cfm) giving up better lift from using a 2in hose .. hmmm .. I think Id like higher lift over more airflow .. maybe I should go down to a 50 ft 1.5 in hose .. Im not really understanding completely .. what is the perfect combination for 100-125 ft hose run and wanting the most lift (I guess) to suck out the most through the wand - leaving the least amount of moisture?

Name
Jesse
Paul, High vacuum pressure available at the carpet is much different then anywhere else in the system especially at the machine where your vac is measured and regulated by your relief.

2.5 reduces wasted lift. Short hose runs waste less than longer runs.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
So a 2.5in hose allows more airflow (cfm) giving up better lift from using a 2in hose .. hmmm .. I think Id like higher lift over more airflow .. maybe I should go down to a 50 ft 1.5 in hose .. Im not really understanding completely .. what is the perfect combination for 100-125 ft hose run and wanting the most lift (I guess) to suck out the most through the wand - leaving the least amount of moisture?

If you're willing to deal with the hassle, the "4 to the door" looks like it would be great. 2, 2" hoses from truck to inline filter (Devastator!), then a 2 or 2.5 inch hose into the house from that filter. I personally feel like 2" hose is plenty for me to deal with inside a home.

The Clean Machine

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
About the only place I'd put a 2 1/2, is the from the tank whip. Other then that I bow outta that game.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I personally feel like 2" hose is plenty for me to deal with inside a home.

I agree, 2.5" to the door(50' section) the rest 2" and your good to go.

Billy

Name
BH
We purchased the BigBearTruck in 2007 & since then have only had 300' of 2-1/2" hose using 16' - 2" lead hoses. I remember it being a little harder to pull for a short time but now is no big deal to us. We of course do have an Electric Hose Reel though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom