2"-1.5" Tapered Vac Hose anyone use one? I ordered some in damn this is the shit

John Olson

Name
John Olson
For those that run portables or run a whip I have 25' 2"-1.5" Tapered Amflex vac hose in stock now. I am ashamed to say I had no idea that made that. A customer called and asked if I could get it so I ordered a 1/2 dozen in and damn this is the only thing I am going to offer for whip hoses and for 2" portables or any tool that runs 1.5" hose. Anyone have long term use with this hose?

https://www.superiorcleaningsolutions.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=3CB920X-25bl

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I use the 15 footers sold through the car wash distributors.
There is some serious airflow increase with them over say using 100' of 2" hose and a 10'-15' whip.

Only problem with the car wash hoses, they are only single ply hose and don't take high heat and vacuum well.

I would assume the Amflex hose is like their regular hose and will handle the vacuum and heat.

I would be curious to see how the airflow is through a 25' stepped down hose vs the 15 footers?
I guess it depends on how quick it steps down from 2" to 1 1/2"

Might have to try one, wished you ordered grey. Would match my existing hose.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

It would be perfect for UPH or tile tools....a lot better then those reducers....is 25 foot the smallest it come in.........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Actually I am more leaning towards a couple 5 foot lengths........

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I highly doubt that that would be a complete new set up to make that and even if they did the amount they would have to charge to make a special run would be ridicules but I'll ask. Or you could buy the 25 and cut it down .you would have a bunch of almost useless hose but you could find a use for it :)

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Is the 2" end the same as regular 2" hose - in other words will I be able to screw on a Flash or Mytee cuff?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Is the 2" end the same as regular 2" hose - in other words will I be able to screw on a Flash or Mytee cuff?

It's a very cool hose, and the only drawback, as I look at my various vacuum hoses of different lengths I have acquired over the years, there is no rhyme or reason for most of these hose lengths. That is to say, they eventually get cut somewhere along the line and if you have to splice the hose at the 1 53/64" mark, you aren't going to put any cuff on it, much less attach it to a tool. As cool as it is, I think I will stick to standard width hoses.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
You hook the 1.5 to your bad azz 3 stage porty and run as high flow as you can 2" wand!

Reactions: Newman

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
A 15'er would be great for uph!!

I think it would be a big help. As of now I have to unscrew the 2" vinyl cull and put on a 2" to 1.5" reducer to fit my(most) upholstery tool every time I need to use it. Yea, it doesn't take long - still a pain in the butt.

If the hose tapered, I could put it right on the tool, add a flash cuff and never have to screw w/it.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Yes it is standard 2" on one side and 1.5" on the other. Your flash cuffs will work just like always. I will ask about 15' but I highly doubt they would even try to make a 5' length. I would think they have a mold/jog or program for 25' runs. Not sure 5' runs would be profitable enough to make but I'll ask. I'll lay it out and see where it starts tapering but 25 is perfect for portable guys. Being tapered cutting it would be dicey as where do you start and how much from each end before you lose the benefit. Kinda why a 5' doesn't make sense to me as how much of a taper would you get in 5' that would make it worth while.same with 15. I think 25 is perfect but that's Just my thiughts.

Oh and no way am I claiming this as my idea it's been around a long time for car washes it seems I just found out about it and it was like a light switch being flipped. Makes perfect sense and like I said I'm embarrassed I didn't know about it before.

Tell you what. I have 5 left ill ship them to anyone here for $79 each that's 69 or the hose with cuffs and $10 shipping to get them in your guys hands and report back. Nate sorry buddy ill ship them usps to you for what would be the equivalent discounted shipping if you want one. If these sell I'll be ordering a couple dozen at a time.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
John,

Could this possibly replace my crappy sapphire upholstery hose? Do they make the black fitting for the hide a hose in 2"? The thing the sol. hose comes out of at the end of the vac hose.

Reactions: Scott S.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I like the new website john, looks good.
Thanks Hoody out in a lot of time on it. I only approved what he suggested and pay the bills. Well Lora pays the bills I slave away trying to make enough for her to pay them

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Yes we could make that up for you. We would need to make it with parker so your price would be $160.73 that is the 25' hose with 27' parker hose installed as a hide-hose. You can't just stuff a hose in there you want to run the hose then crimp it. We would have to put a reducer to go from 1/4" to 1/8" for the QD but it would work out slicker then snot.

Reactions: jcooper

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I used it many years ago. Problem is it's thin walled and crushed to easy especially when trying to finagle stairs. Other problem being if you get a break and Have to cut your getting into the taper.

I'll pass on it.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
This is Amflex Hose it is NOT thing walled. Not sure wht you used Dan but it wasn't what I have here as it is the same quality as the regular Amflex Hose

Reactions: Dan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom