2.5 Hose........Do it.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have had my 2.5 hose for long enough to come to the conclusion that it is worth every penny..

I would have to think that every truck mount with a well designed tank and 45 blower or larger will benefit from larger vac hose.

I have the Green Glides 3 to 2 vac manifold (prototype version) and it's so damn simple to set up a VAT this way, it would be criminal not to.

We have two 50 foot lengths of 2.5" that we run off the manifold for the first 50' then connect regular 2 inch with the GG step down adapter to go into the house.
The serrations/Ridges of the 2.5" is a bit extreme and I don't trust it around dry wall or furnishings, so we keep it out of the home.

We have run the 2.5" 100 foot continuous with a whip, we've also run 2.5"straight to the wand... and just today we ran a 50 and a 10 foot whip of 1.5 to a stair wand...You name it... IT SCREAMS!!!!
Even if you only run 2.5" the first 50 feet of a 300 foot hose run you'll notice the difference.

Now someone here said that it's the difference between a portable and a Vortex.... Bull!

It's great but not even close to that great.

The biggest benefit in my opinion is that it enables you to leave each and every job with "Cool to the Touch" carpet. Even with my wands and their mongo 012 flow, we still are leaving carpets much drier. You or your clients will not be able to get moisture on their hands after 5 minutes or less.

And that's with out an Air Path.

The goal of every Real Carpet Cleaner (not those low moisture con artists) should be to remove as much dry soil as possible, pre spray appropriately and rinse/flush the living hell out of the fibers then do what ever possible to leave the carpets "Cool to the Touch".....

No if and or buts.....

Anything less and you might as well go OP......

Good job Green team!
Thank you for bringing 2.5" back to our industry.

Billy

Name
BH
So Mikey are you saying to definitely get 2.5 standard from the beginning on a new truck?

G

Mike,

When I was saying that you said you don't need that much suction. What happened?

Dave

Mikey P

Administrator
It's not all cookies and milk.

You have to hang 100 feet of hose somewhere in your truck, deal with no Cool Cuffs, use adapters, be much more precise on how you roll up the reel and make sure hoses are going in the correct order and put up with the intense noise.

But it's still worth it.

Do it Billy.

G

Billy,

You won't need to hang any hose in your truck. Have your solution reels put in front of the water tank and you will get plenty of hose on the truck.

Dave

redbird

Mike,
Just curious ,but have you tried 200 of the 2 1/2 and 200 of the 2 inch on the reel ? Just to see if you can leave it all connected just to save time and aggravation. Maybe only 100 ft of 2 inch since it would be easier to hang in the truck... Jim

Greenie

OK...here is a free tip for you daily dual wanders.

SPLITreel.

If your vac reel was split with a center divider, none of this would be an issue.

ps: Lee, I know you mean well, but let it be known that 2" vac hose varies enough from mfg. to mfg. that many will not be able to pull off what you suggest.
Add to that, on the vacuum of a V/AT, you will pull some 2" hose right up into 2.5" hose several feet from sustained high lift cleaning.

I made a change to our machined hose joiners just to address this issue.

It's important to note, we are not talking about average vacuum, the above machines with the 2.5" hose are just plain wicked, extra caution must be used with open hoses left unattended etc...

Name
Lee Stockwell
It works well with our hose, but we have all the same on both trucks and at the shop. I hate crappy hose...

I'd just suggest you try it with your hose before giving up on using the bigger hose.

G

Right now I have 130 feet of 2 inch on the inner part of the reel. That would be my emergency hose for now. Then I have 224 feet of 2.5 inch. Lastly I have my 23 foot wip hose. I can fit another 25 feet of 2.5 on the reel. If you want all 2.5 you should fit about 330 feet. I have 377 feet on my reel now.

Dave

Greenie

Lee, I don't know if we're on the same sheet of music.

I too used to tell guys, hey slip that 2" inside the 2.5" to get it started on the reel. Until I found two guys in the same day tell me their hose wouldn't fit no matter how hard they tried.

I investigated, and sure enough quite a bit of variance.

Now the point I was trying to make was, if a guy does manage to get the hose inside, watch out, cause under strong vacuum it will continue to "creep" further into the larger hose.

Just use a proper joiner/connector and be done with it.

Al

For us with only one 50' 2.5 it's a piece of cake. The 2.5 goes on the reel last, so it comes off first. We grab the 2.5, walk out 50 hook it back up to the TM then just pull the rest of the reel, kinda backwards but really fast and efficient.

Definately a noticeable improvement.

100_1822.jpg

For those with a Power Matic it's an easy upgrade, already plumbed for the 2.5
AL

Attachments

• 100_1822.jpg
    100_1822.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 100_1822.jpg
    100_1822.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 100_1822.jpg
    100_1822.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 187

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Will 2.5" hose benefit a 1.5" wand? Don't you need the 2" wand to really benefit? Dumb Question?

Mister Sir

Greenie

I'm sure it will help any wand, just like a Y splitter with a pair of 2' hoses would help, but you are right Jay, it's still a restriction, and to maximize with either two hoses or a single larger hose you would want to upgrade to a 2" tube size.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Alright, alright, I'll try the 2" wand again. Then 2.5" hose when the duckets start coming in.

Mister Sir Hack-a-Lot BDCC Extraordinaire

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I did my 2.5" tank conversion 10 months ago. I had many people tell me it was overkill. I am glad the whole world is coming around.

We did the 2.5" conversion on our Boxxer427 as well. Its no Vortex but now I am not embarrassed to clean somebody home with it.

If you have a 45 blower or bigger, you are robbing the power from that thing by not using it. Call Greenie and he can hook you up.

Mikey P

Administrator
I made a bet with Shawn that my 6008 set to factory level vacuum and RPMs will out suck the 7000 at it's factory settings.

With three 2 inch hoses feeding into a unfiltered manifold I think mine will beat the new BL filter box design.

I could be wrong.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom