2.5 inch hard black hose?

Name
R.J. Povio
Does anyone know where to get a 2.5 inch hose that you would use to connect the blower to a waste tank? Its that really hard/stiff usually black in color hose. We can get it at a Boat US store....but they want 17 bucks a foot for it. Is that a fair price? We only need 5 feet of it. Thank you.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
uhhh yeah its pricy.....

but try a hose supplier....do you have one of those around??? or like a hydraulic hose place...

or I have done some other type hose, just make sure you ask them what its vac rating is

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
is there no one in your area that uses 2.5"hose? If all you need is 5ft. just use the 2.5" vacuum hose we have on our trucks. I've mine plumbed with 3" cleaning hose, nothing fancy about it. I used it for several years and just cut off 5ft to run from my blower to the tank.

Name
R.J. Povio
I have tried hydrallic hose places....they seem to only have 1-2inch only.

Ron, Ive used the regular 2 inch truckmount vac hose in the past on a backup machine and not had a problem. Someone told me that if I use the 2 inch regular vac hose that it will collapse. So you have used the regular vac hose for this purpose before with no problems?

So I guess the price is right at 17 bucks a foot!

Mike Draper

most auto parts stores will have it. I just ordered some a week ago. Just tell them what you are looking for and they will know what you need.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've got regular double walled 3" vacuum hose between blower and tank. No issues at all since July 1st 08 when I started using this tm.

Use the superflex 2.5" vac hose. Shouldn't really be any issues with it if used between the blower and tank. As long as its not bent sharply it won't kink, it won't collapse if you have your vac relief functioning.
Should be someone nearby using 2.5" vac hose that can spare 5ft. I could send you 5ft of 3" and shipping from the west coast would still be less than $17/ft.

Most hose suppliers have vac hose for septic trucks. That's not even 17/ft. That ain't gonna collapse.

You might want to use 2.5" hose for the 1st 50-100ft. Order some and take off what you need to plumb the truck.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I'm looking for 15' of 2.5 to run from the side door back to my filter box. If anybody is bringing 2.5 hose to mf. I'll take 50' if it's good, stiff hose and not a fortune.

lance

If you need help also call John H. at hotheatexchangers.com or Duane Oaxley (they both build TM's and are very helpful).

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

I get all my hookup hose from McMastercarr.com.

Type in vacuum hose, the size you want and the Hg rating.

Thx,
Dale

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I know the hoses are different but I had 2.5 inch black hose and with high heat it would crimp and fold. Now it is cut up into pieces for waste tank dumping and other uses but we went back to the blue and gray hoses

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
if it's fixed hosethen just use pvc. i ran 4" from my tank to the filter box. completely smooth inside and very durable.

gene

Back
Top Bottom