2 of my Dri Eaz fans went swimming..

Jimbo

Spray them...the motor end with wd40 (1/2 a can per fan...drench it)

plug them in and let them run to dry out. (In your garage...on a GFI outlet)

I hate that gurgling sound when they are running under water!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We lost 6-of them and a Drizair 2000 last summer when a sump pump failed at a water loss last summer. They were still running under water! :shock:

Insurance paid for them less and adjustment.

To answer your question, yes the motor can be replaced.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
NO they cannot be replaced you must buy new ones. I will put them on your card and send them out today :mrgreen:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
On a couple motors I have blown all the water I could get out using an air compressor, then put them out in the sun for a day and they worked fine. If the water was contaminated I would rinse out with fresh water before drying.

The problem you may encounter is the power switch corroding from internal moisture. Might be mistaken for a bad motor if you're not careful.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
unfortunately depending on the model replacing the motor costs as much as the fan. at least that is the case with my santana's and old rebels. that is one of my biggest gripes about drieaz is the parts cost too much. phoenix on the other hand doesn't charge near as much for a new motor and makes it feasible to replace them.

while not as durable I still prefer the phoenix box units over any other type of fan. in some cases I don't think the motors are designed to be replaced with on drieaz, my units that have a plastic drum fan have a pressed on bushing that will not come off short of using a sawzall and cutting the bushing apart. I have also found these plastic drum units to be some of my least durable fans overall, the motors on these don't last as long, despite being some of my newest drieaz fans they are the ones crapping out, while my older santanas and rebels from 9 years ago are still running.

I would try drying out your fans first I have seen many air movers be just fine after being fully submerged.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
SHHHHHHHHHHH. He needs to buy new ones. How many should I charge and send Mikey :mrgreen:

Seriously though do what Jim said they should be fine. If not I can get the motors to you. The are the X3's right? The Motor is $125.58

Becker

Name
Becker
If I can run an Ipod touch though the washer then the drier and it work fine.. I think you have hope for the fans.
Blow the water out, and do what jim sez.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Dry them out BEFORE you plug them in and run them. Use another air mover blowing warm air on the motor to dry thoroughly, or the outlet air from a dehumidifier. After drying, spray with WD 40 and cross your fingers.

Name
Nate W.
$125.58 each is a lot better piece of mind then the risk of a malfunction or possible loss on a loss. I wouldn't risk it. But that's just me. Safe then sorry. shiteatinggrin

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Personally I would just order a bunch of new ones from me and not worry about trying to switch them out :p

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the thing that is going to take the biggest hit is the armature and the field......rust is going to build up between the 2....set them out and let the electrical dry out ....then use some contact cleaner ( it is non conductive ) and see if you can spray some in between them both and fire it up and let it run for a bit.....once you get it going...spray the hell out of them and let them run.......they should be good as new......

Name
Nate W.
Jim Martin said:
the thing that is going to take the biggest hit is the armature and the field......rust is going to build up between the 2....set them out and let the electrical dry out ....then use some contact cleaner ( it is non conductive ) and see if you can spray some in between them both and fire it up and let it run for a bit.....once you get it going...spray the hell out of them and let them run.......they should be good as Bawb new......
shiteatinggrin

Becker

Name
Becker
If they were running when they swam then the motors have a better chance of being ruined.

Yeah replacement parts for things are crazy.

I honestly think you could buy a brand new car or truck and make money off parting it out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom