2 Questions - Milliken and Encap with a 175

I have a customer (church) that Milliken came in and did a powder cleaning demo. It looks too clean, almost like it bleached out the carpet. Any ideas why this powder cleaning would be bad for their carpet? Les was telling me yesterday that they do not re-capture all the powder they put down.

For this same customer, I need to demo encap the same section this week. I have only HWE before, but this customer wants a low-moisture method. I purchased Snake Oil from Les yesterday while on vacation in Greenville (thanks Joyce for meeting me up there on your day off!!!) I want to purchase a Cimex, but can't justify it yet. I have a 175, 1.75hp floor machine. What do I need to buy to padcap for this demo? Also, it seems that when this 175 bogs down with my microfiber bonnet, it trips the normal house breaker. Any way to avoid this for the demo? I have found a way to tie this into the 220v dryer plug, but at this church, I will not have that option...

Sorry for the long questions, but I need some advice. Thanks!

Chris

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
It used to be that Capture was famous for leaving sticky residue in the carpet that would make it resoil quickly. Like, afternoon of the following day quickly. If there was too much build up before a hot water extraction cleaning was done, the Capture became almost impossible to remove. Inspectors were recommending carpet with Capture build up be replaced.

If anyone knows that Miliken has changed their formulation in the last few years, please enlighten me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom