2" Vac Hose - Long Lengths?

PCCN

Has anyone come across a source to buy 2" vac hose in lengths longer than 50 feet each? Yea, I know simply put cuffs on them. But I'm tired of them catching on corners and edges. I just want a one piece, longer hose. I spoke with one manufacturer and was told 50 feet is the longest their equipment could produce. Maybe I'm just wishing, but never hurts to ask.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
PCCN said:
But I'm tired of them catching on corners and edges.

Stop pulling your hoses around corners and you won't catch anything. Why not pick up the hoses and lay them out? I hate to see when guys grab the hose and pull them around corners..and it scrapes against the baseboards and drywall. :roll:

What are you going to do when you only need 50 or 75'?

It is best to just carry the first section in and pull what you need to that.

My first hose off is 50' followed by 25' sections.

Most jobs 75' is all I need and when I no longer need a section I have my help wrap it up. Almost never go over 150'

You will get better suction. Plus it looks better than having 50' of hose piled up at the front door.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
sorry Daniel but my first run is 150' both for solution and vacuum. Not everybody is cleaning trailers.

gene

GeneMiller said:
sorry Daniel but my first run is 150' both for solution and vacuum. Not everybody is cleaning trailers.

gene

I have never cleaned a trailer and most jobs are 3-5k sq ft homes. And we dual wand 80 percent or better of the jobs and having shorter sections makes things so much easier.

100' is what we use on most jobs, but almost never more than 125' running one tool.

First solution line is 100' followed by 50'. Then 100' with ball valve followed by 50' sections.

Yes and I can pull into the driveway and go through garage or front door.

Having to pull off 150' of hose when you only need 50 is not good. Talk about loss of suction.

I can't tell you how many times I have cleaned a large two story home, parked on the street, and thought damn I made it all the way with just 100' of hose.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I only use over 100' of hose 2 or 3 times a week.

75' is the most typical.

Today I cleaned a very nasty '10 Freightliner sleeper cab. 50' was too much, and I'd have hated to have 150' live.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
GeneMiller said:
sorry Daniel but my first run is 150' both for solution and vacuum.

gene

do you park on the street, Gene?

speaking of trailers...
I've have one custy in a trailer park .
She lives in a OLD 12x 60 trailer.

Dottie's in her early 70s and has been a loyal custy for nearly 20 years .
Paying us $126 for two postage stamp sized rooms ..twice a year Spring and Fall like clockwork .
All the upl every two years (our upl prices aren't cheap either)

Dottie fell on serious hard times within the last several years.
The title agency she worked for closed down 6 years ago..job prospects for a senior citizen are slim.
She still called us twice a year

three years ago, her husband Henry was unable to drive truck anymore due to health reasons...can't pass the DOT physical due to high blood pressure.
He's been working a low paying security job

Then the bottom really dropped out ..Dottie was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer two years ago.
She's lived a year and and half longer than the doc's told her she would..but due to med costs, she's broke and can't have her carpets cleaned
(we do her daughter Judy's carpets too, who also schedules twice a year... that's how i know)

"Judy, tell you're mom we'll be over to clean her carpets after we're done with yours for NO CHARGE"

Dottie has gotten 3 free cleanings .
i don't expect to see her this Spring by the looks of things when we were there last Fall.
If the tough Old Bird is still kicking, she'll get her Spring clean FREE too

the moral of the story?
Doesn't matter how long or short your hose is, some trailer park custys are damn fine accounts !gotcha!

..L.T.A.

Name
I'm Rick James
Lee Stockwell said:
I only use over 100' of hose 2 or 3 times a week.

75' is the most typical.

Today I cleaned a very nasty '10 Freightliner sleeper cab. 50' was too much, and I'd have hated to have 150' live.

Same here...

PCCN

danielc said:
What are you going to do when you only need 50 or 75'?

It is best to just carry the first section in and pull what you need to that.

My first hose off is 50' followed by 25' sections.

Most jobs 75' is all I need and when I no longer need a section I have my help wrap it up. Almost never go over 150'

You will get better suction. Plus it looks better than having 50' of hose piled up at the front door.

Well, let's see...

I clean an average of 42 restaurants a month (2 different chains) and 100 feet is about 10 feet more than I need for them so I have that on the front end of my hose reel. After that I have 2 sections of 50 ft. hose that I can pull and add as I need them. Another 150 feet on the second vac hose reel from the back of the truck. So, I think I'm am pretty well prepared if I need more. (duh) At least 4-5 times a month i do homes that I have to run almost 100 feet just to get up to their entrance doors so I do like to be prepared, but I also like to be expedient and rip off that 100 foot section for my night cleanings.

PCCN

Zee said:
PCCN said:
But I'm tired of them catching on corners and edges.

Stop pulling your hoses around corners and you won't catch anything. Why not pick up the hoses and lay them out? I hate to see when guys grab the hose and pull them around corners..and it scrapes against the baseboards and drywall. :roll:

I'm not talking about edges inside a home. Common sense for ANY cleaner would be corner guards and not pulling anything all around someones house. Hose cuffs catch very easily on the curbs and parking signs we work around in commercial parking lots, as well as when reeling up the hose into the truck. Standing inside a box truck winding hose you can't simply reach over and pull it loose like in a small van.

PCCN

GeneMiller said:

gene

HELLO! THANK YOU GENE! Some common sense does prevail.

Name
Lee Stockwell
8 years is all it take to know it all?

You might consider roller guides at the edge of the truck for feeding the hose reel. Get them at marine supply places.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I don't care how you guys run your hose or what lengths you prefer ...it's all good to me however "you" want it

but how do you keep the first 40-60 ft that gets used in the home clean??
are you carrying 40 ft of it back to the van, or dragging the whole length as you reel it in?

..L.T.A.

PCCN

Lee Stockwell said:
8 years is all it take to know it all?

You might consider roller guides at the edge of the truck for feeding the hose reel. Get them at marine supply places.

Well, thought of that when I had the shelving, hose reels and tanks all built to fit the truck. But you can't put any rollers or anything else in a door that closes which is the main place it catches. I'll just buy my long length and pull it to solve the problem with no additional expense as well.

PCCN

Erskine Allin said:
I don't care how you guys run your hose or what lengths you prefer ...it's all good to me however "you" want it

but how do you keep the first 40-60 ft that gets used in the home clean??
are you carrying 40 ft of it back to the van, or dragging the whole length as you reel it in?

..L.T.A.

Actually the first section I pull off is always outdoors, or is solely inside the restaurants only since I clean back to front there is no soiling from it. Plus use the hoser to clean it off as well. Any hose that goes inside a residence is always carried in. It's hard to believe some guys would pull a hose off the truck, through someones grass, or in lots of cases muddy yard, and straight into a home. But, I have no doubt some do it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I clean an average of 42 restaurants a month (2 different chains) and 100 feet is about 10 feet more than I need for them so I have that on the front end of my hose reel.
Wow that's a bunch of restaurants! Nice base for your business! 8)

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Erskine Allin said:
GeneMiller said:
sorry Daniel but my first run is 150' both for solution and vacuum.

gene

do you park on the street, Gene?

speaking of trailers...
I've have one custy in a trailer park .
She lives in a OLD 12x 60 trailer.

Dottie's in her early 70s and has been a loyal custy for nearly 20 years .
Paying us $126 for two postage stamp sized rooms ..twice a year Spring and Fall like clockwork .
All the upl every two years (our upl prices aren't cheap either)

Dottie fell on serious hard times within the last several years.
The title agency she worked for closed down 6 years ago..job prospects for a senior citizen are slim.

three years ago, her husband Henry was unable to drive truck anymore due to health reasons...can't pass the DOT physical due to high blood pressure.
He's been working a low paying security job

Then the bottom really dropped out ..Dottie was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer two years ago.
She's lived a year and and half longer than the doc's told her she would..but due to med costs, she's broke and can't have her carpets cleaned
(we do her daughter Judy's carpets too, who also schedules twice a year... that's how i know)

"Judy, tell you're mom we'll be over to clean her carpets after we're done with yours for NO CHARGE"

Dottie has gotten 3 free cleanings .
i don't expect to see her this Spring by the looks of things when we were there last Fall.
If the tough Old Bird is still kicking, she'll get her Spring clean FREE too

the moral of the story?
Doesn't matter how long or short your hose is, some trailer park custys are damn fine accounts !gotcha!

Larry You da man we need more of that it would do wonders for our industry.
My 3rd grade teacher called me several years ago to do something for her, she was well into her eighties at the time and when I finished she asked how much I told her nothing it was pay back time for that paddling she gave me, you couldn't buy the look on her face.
..L.T.A.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
typically i setup in the driveway. the homes here are very large at least the ones that i service. most masters will take 50' with the hall that leads to the bathroom. i have one that is 125' from the time you step on the carpet to the time you step into the bathroom onto the marble. all have walkin closets which could at times pass as rooms. complete with islands in the middle. my solution lines are all 150' with one 50' just in case. rarely do i use less then 125' and i have almost never used less then 100' unless we are cleaning something outside. i don't live real anything.

gene

PCCN

Wyatt Earp said:
I clean an average of 42 restaurants a month (2 different chains) and 100 feet is about 10 feet more than I need for them so I have that on the front end of my hose reel.
Wow that's a bunch of restaurants! Nice base for your business! 8)

Not big profits but good easy production work and definitely takes care of the slow winter months.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom