20,000 feet of concrete...

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
How low would you go on this? I need to bid on cleaning an underground parking garage. Simple detergent application and a turbo rinse. I do have the 15 inch turbo head with wheels for doing concrete work.

Never turbo'd a floor this big so I'm not certain how fast I should expect it to go.

Wide open flooring with water and dump areas easily accessible.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Man, I really don't know. It would depend on how many s.f. experience has taught me I can clean in an hour.

If I have no idea, which sounds like the position you are in, I'd go ask the question from people who might know.

Which, now that I think about it, is exactly what you're doing.

Never mind ...

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Are you catching the water or letting it go down a drain. In some places you have to catch and remove it properly. Better check that.

Gene

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
It collects all the dirty water into a 10-15 gallon tank just like your truckmount would do. You could suck the dirty water from the scrubber into your truckmount tank if necessary.

Name
Nate W.
You may need to check your local laws regarding this... I know a guy who does pressure washing and has an oil water separator system.... http://www.ultimatewasher.com/oil-water-separator.htm

Very few companies have that type of setup here... I believe he told me 5,000psi with a diesel burner and roughly could do 10k sf per hour... I'd cover my ass if I did do that type of work...

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Dirk, i think 1000 sqr ft an hour with 2 people at least based on your description.

Gawd, in that situation probably would just put a hole in an old garbage can, just dump the detergent on floor and let it soak about 20 minutes before spinning.
I know in some larger t/g jobs we have been at 800-1000 sqr ft hour. We just used mop buckets and poured bio break/hot water, dwell 20 min and spin off.

Reactions: dealtimeman

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree with Ray call the rental yard and see about a battery powered auto scrubber. It will do a great job and make fast work of it. The auto scrubber scrubs, vacuums and rinses, it will allow you to competitively price it.

*They are heavy, you'll probably need a ramp.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Simple detergent application and a turbo rinse.

What kind of results are they expecting?

Automotive fluid stains can be impossible to completely remove from porous concrete.

A detergent formulated specifically for automotive fluids will make a big difference, as well as a good soak.

Large swaths of flatwork like such are no walk in the park without the right equipment.

Consider it possibly being a 2 day project with only a 15 inch spinner, limited gpm output, and the added hassle of having to reclaim, if you shooting for decent results.

Reactions: dealtimeman

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I'm pretty good at under selling and over delivering, so I'm not too worried about that aspect. I think 1,000 feet per manhour is pretty conservative, so I'm basing my bid on that. I'll probably take two other guys with me. They can sweep and treat while I'm on the turbo end of things with no interruptions. It's no AT, but the TNT does have a nice big waste tank.

I'm sure I'll be underbid by a ton, but we shall see.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You can count on being under bid. But you'll not lose money if they call you now.

I lurk on a power washing board and I am amazed at how cheaply those guys work. They make Cole look like a pricing wizard.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
You can count on being under bid. But you'll not lose money if they call you now.

I lurk on a power washing board and I am amazed at how cheaply those guys work. They make Cole look like a pricing wizard.

You aint kidding there....

.01-.02 is pretty normal for commercial exterior work.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We have done it and it was not profitable at all for us. As everybody and their momma with a trip to Home Depot, is a power washing guru.

First get a guy to sweep up any concentrated mounds of dirt, that collect in corners or behind parking curbs. We use a couple echo back pack gas blowers to walk the dirt and dust/trash from one side of the structure to the other into a corner and collect it.

Like Shane mentioned above, we use a Rubbermaid trash can with a dump valve on it to walk the solution around and spread it with a wide push broom.

Pretreat the heavier or most used parking spaces with a good degreaser before applying your main cleaning solution.

Use an autoscrubber if you have one to agitate and pick up most of the crap, followed by a turbo with a truckmount to really get it nice and clean.

Using the autoscrubber accomplishes two very important things for us, it provide some agitation with a brush and after the first pass we recover most of the muck and dump into a sanitary, therefore keeping it out of the waste tank.

If you skip the Autoscrubber step you will need to spend a lot of time cleaning all of the sediment out of your waste tank and from what I remember, it is not a very fun task cleaning a Judson waste tank.

The turbo rinse is where you will see the greatest cleaning difference and will make your results stand out in the event someone else ever undercuts you and the level of results are important to the decision maker.

We just do it for our pharmaceutical buildings that just want to use one company and so we do it to protect the other service contract we have in place.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Also type of concrete and how porous the concrete is will make a difference in clean ability, how long it will take to get clean, and how much chemical will need to be used.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom