20 year Texture Retention warranty

Mikey P

Administrator
Oh boy :eekk:

This wont end well.. IMG950548~2.jpg

F

FB7777

Or Trump, global warming , incorrect vacuuming , installation, radon, southern exposure, aliens, the economy, incest, bad decorating or sarcasm

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Oh boy :eekk:

This wont end well..View attachment 94405
It used to be that Monsanto and DuPont had a better quality type 6.6 nylon carpet than Anso type 6 nylon that was more open and spongy, and thus less stain resistant than type 6.6 . Has anyone kept up on this information?

Back when stain resistant carpet was introduced around 1986? they had a urine stain warranty. It didn’t work. Urine still could stain the carpet. A couple products were approved to try to remove the stain. I think they were Steam Services UPT and Steam Way Formula 601 (preferred).

If this carpet performs as intended, maybe retailers will quit selling so much poly crap.

revitalize

Name
adrian
Don't worry the mills expect a customer to provide receipts for carpet cleaning every 18-24 mores for the entirety of their carpet life. No receipt, warranty void. Moreover, the warranties for the most part are pro-rated on the the life of the carpet, 20 years you can expect $.03 on the dollar spent, most won't go through the trouble. The reality to the texture retention is that the nylon fiber won't be abraded and it's right next to impossible to abrade nylon. Finally, the new fun in carpet is non-prorated warranties, triexta 25 years, shaw bellara polyester 10 years, doesn't matter the face weight or density. Personally, I just want to file claims for my customers at 20 years to make the mill blow $400 to send someone like Jim go inspect and deny the warranty. Warranties are there for customer piece of mind, instead of written on swiss cheese, should be toilet paper.

Name
James Marsh
Shaw replaced a 2 year old carpet for one of my customers. They had the urine warranty also. I used proxi and either that or the urine striped the color out. I also was going through my insurance because customer wanted me to make a claim. Shaw stepped up and replaced.

Reactions: Mikey P

revitalize

Name
adrian
Shaw replaced a 2 year old carpet for one of my customers. They had the urine warranty also. I used proxi and either that or the urine striped the color out. I also was going through my insurance because customer wanted me to make a claim. Shaw stepped up and replaced.
I have filed dozens upon dozens of claims, my two cents in what I have seen; if the rug is worth less than the inspection...approved, if the rug is worth more than the inspection...denied.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You should never go through your insurance. The customer should go through their insurance. If you are liable, they will subrogate against your insurance.

Condog

Name
Tony
I don't know if this is the complete warranty.

I saw one that stated pesticide sprayed on the carpet voided the warranty. Every pesticide company that has sprayed in my home sprayed where the carpet meets the baseboard. That is a highway for bugs.

That was also the expressway to the voided warranty for the mill.

steve_64

I always looked at warranties as just a marketing ploy.
After all its used in most advertisements and the disclaimers mention just about all uses.

Reactions: Condog

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom