20 years

randy

Name
Randy
That was a very stresful times..

We were just starting the business in 2001, bought a brand new Butler ..only had a handful of die-hard Coit customers that I figured would stay with me and we were in the process of selling our condo and bought the big house in Aptos when the twin towers debacle happened and the condo sale fell through.. I got a brand new business, few customers and two mortgages.. I think I weighed about 165 in that photo

That seems like yesterday and the horror of that day and how it effected everyone will never depart my memory. I was so relieved that my father wasn't flying that day. On the red board that night people were trying to process the grief and shock of an attack on our own soil. In the coming days many, many carpet cleaning businesses closed. I barely survived as carpet cleaning in the DC area came to a screeching halt. When the phone started ringing again nearly five months latter business was down 60% for a couple of years. The same thing happened when the Beltway snipper was driving around our area killing people. Before it was over he had murdered one of my customers. You never know what is coming, totally unexpected that can change life as we know it. Trusting in our creator and having low debt obligations is a start at surviving in this business.

Name
BradFenstermaker
I had 1st CC biz in 1995-1998. Lifestyle got in the way. Sold out to my partner. Think biz tank in like 3 months.

In 2004 we started our biz. Dupont brought in contractors and cut our pay.
I bought used Ford F150 with Powermatic on 4 off days. Made a few calls to some old accounts and was cleaning the next set of off days.

Lean times here and there but blessed and thankful for my business.

Congrats Mikey

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
1st of All,to Mike -Congratulations for yourself and all you did for fellow Cleaners over the years...
2nd 1979-first picture Loren ? I do remember the second from possibly a ICS or Cleanfax or maybe you posted prior ?But the other 1 I do remember...
3rd I was 16.5 hauling Buckets to the Bane Portables after High School (1.95 and hour)...But to all the above posters -etc ;Happy Thanksgiving soon,this is what its all about ,sitting back and remembering the time an how it went by...1976 was so long ago now ...

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
1st of All,to Mike -Congratulations for yourself and all you did for fellow Cleaners over the years...
2nd 1979-first picture Loren ? I do remember the second from possibly a ICS or Cleanfax or maybe you posted prior ?But the other 1 I do remember...
3rd I was 16.5 hauling Buckets to the Bane Portables after High School (1.95 and hour)...But to all the above posters -etc ;Happy Thanksgiving soon,this is what its all about ,sitting back and remembering the time an how it went by...1976 was so long ago now ...

I bought the Steam Way Turbo-Matic in March 1978 so the picture could have been around 1978 or 1979. I remember using it in my brochure.

The second picture was when was about 1989? as that was when I used a 14 foot box van. Used it in phone book and brochure.

The third picture (beard) was when I moved to California and started over as Delta Steam Way (Rochester Steam Way in Minnesota) so that was likely the end of 1984. Steam Way picked up this picture and used it in advertising that had something to do with supplying both franchises like Servicemaster and independent cleaners alike. I used it in phone book ad.

Good memory Numero Uno!

Mikey P

Administrator
FB_IMG_1574642857633.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom