200+ Galllon Wastetanks

astv5l

Are there any direct drive systems out there besides Butlers, Vortex and AT that have big factory wastetanks?

We have 2 Vortex and 7 Butlers, but always are interested in looking at options?

Had 1 White Magic built w/ a 210 gal. tank - What a disaster!

Greenie

Are you saying you have Butlers with the BIG tanks already?

I'd hate to see larger than that in a standard 1 ton.

John Watson

I don't know if FUBAR is good or bad, But I've been hearing that being bad is good or at fault so I am really confused. but I think most tanks that size are special order or few and far between normal.

In the 80's Claude Blackburn of Drieaz had a 14' box van with a piece built unit put out for bid. Claude's specs required Shaft drive, Cat pump with clutch, (I can't remember the size) Heat exchanger that would maintain 180 degree water at 1 1/5 gpm and a # 5 Switzer or equivalent blower. with 3 or 4 in ports. Plumbed to custom made 200 gal. tanks.

At the time of building this unit, Dri eaz was building private label (different Color) air movers for Steam Way, Hydra Master and Butler.
Not wanting to screw up his relationship with his clients is why it was put out to bid with certain specs. The big 3 at the time turned it down because of the blower size and they wanted to supply the waste tank also.

Les, an ex employee and a crook in my eyes, from Hydra master started a company called Turbo Tec, took the bid and built the truck. Larry (The Geek) White (Still with Dri Eaz, 1 of 2 left, now that Claude is gone, from when I worked for the Company almost 20 yrs ago) Built the 200 gal fiberglass waste tank. and used the mold for the waste tank as a fresh water tank . We couldn't keep tires or brakes on this truck, we played with the springs Heavy duty this and heavy duty that. I called this unit "Claude's Morfadyte"

Truck and unit still run and I use as a mobile storage shed.

astv5l

Yep, we have the Butlers w/ the big tanks and are overall pleased with them (Planning on getting 2 more this year).

No, I don't want bigger tanks than that.

However, the Hydramaster CDS units do look pretty attractive as they are more compact and give the ability to handle more blowers, dehu's, etc. But they are an absolute NoGO because of the max 110 gal. tanks.

Are we just spoiled by our Butlers? Probably, but I know how much time we save everyday by not having to pump-out or find a place to dump. But I'd still love to see some other options.

PS - The White Magic was a bad experience, a real pain!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom