2007 Vortex 7000 HAT ?'s

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I have an opportunity to trade a system for a 2007 V 7000 HAT in a Nissan UD 1400

1900 hrs, 65,000 miles

Looks to be in good shape from the pics and cared for well. I am going to start agressively going after larger commercial jobs where having multiple wands on the floor at the same time is going to be needed, and was thinking it's better to have one truck and 2-3 guys, VS. 2-3 vans on a single location.

?'s

Vortex w/1900 hrs

What do I need to look at on this machine to make sure is in good condition/working order?
What bugs did these have?
Where can I get parts?
Are there any parts that were proprietary that I couldn't get anymore?
What ATW temps does this guy make?
What CFM/Lift is this unit?
How reliabe?
What regular maintenance is required?
How does this perform heat and suck wise with 2 wands and does it really clean the same with 3 wands?
Those with quality larger machines - like everests/bigger judsons etc - would you trade for one?

Nissan UD w 65,000 miles

Do these have airbrakes or require special DOT lic to drive in most states?
What are the weak points on the van?
How reliable are they?
How expensive are they to maintain?
Whats the MPG?
How much fuel will the Vortex eat pr hr?
Anthing on it I should take a long hard look at to make sure is in working order?

Lastly, one of these guys, with 1900 hrs, and 65k miles - on a fresh install, cleaned up, and everything running perfectly, what would it sell for/whats it worth?

Thanks fellers!!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
you are your own warranty station, do a search tons of vortex info on this board. actually nothing has been hashed out more on here.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Already did the search - if I was searching for one specific thing that would be cool - but I'm looking for some broad info and direction - I went through a few hundred and posted this because I couldn't find enough that was directing in the way I'm asking to be directed, plus, I'm really trying to ask about this specific model - I know nothing about these units except the are called out as monsters when running, and they are pto's - past that 60% of what I have read are the guys with them call the other guys stuff toys, and the ones without them toss out penis size jokes about the ones that do ;) - 20% the history of the company, and it's respective owners and politics.

I am basically trying to figure out if this is something I want for the need I have - it will likely be a 5th van that goes out last during normal hours, and then out full time on a second shift for commercial jobs with 2-3 techs.

I really don't want to get into something I am going to be working on 20 hrs a month, van or TM.

@ Vince - the rest of my fleet is all Prochem - 6 units since I started in the biz - all of them bulletproof.

Name
Lee Stockwell
That model dropped the preheated water tank for a monstrosity blower heat exchanger contraption. No two quite alike.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
indyallpro said:
Already did the search - if I was searching for one specific thing that would be cool - but I'm looking for some broad info and direction - I went through a few hundred and posted this because I couldn't find enough that was directing in the way I'm asking to be directed, plus, I'm really trying to ask about this specific model - I know nothing about these units except the are called out as monsters when running, and they are pto's - past that 60% of what I have read are the guys with them call the other guys stuff toys, and the ones without them toss out penis size jokes about the ones that do ;) - 20% the history of the company, and it's respective owners and politics.

I am basically trying to figure out if this is something I want for the need I have - it will likely be a 5th van that goes out last during normal hours, and then out full time on a second shift for commercial jobs with 2-3 techs.

I really don't want to get into something I am going to be working on 20 hrs a month, van or TM.

@ Vince - the rest of my fleet is all Prochem - 6 units since I started in the biz - all of them bulletproof.

PM me your phone number...I have a busy day tomorrow.....but when I get in tomorrow evening we can talk shop and I will give you the good..the bad..and the ugly....I should be able to answer all your questions......

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I am not always the best guy to ask :lol: but in all seriousness if you really want any vortex machine I would say a guy should be willing and able to work on the machine themselves. They should be mechanically inclined and capable of figuring out their own fix to things. possibly have some fabrication skills, you get the drift. for a guy like jim martin this was easy for him. most cleaners aren't as capable.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
@ Mikey, east coast somewhere - just glazed over the guys e-mail, offer, and pics. He wants to trade me even up for my everest in sprinter. Why - possible unit you know of I want to avoid? I was told it was a repo purchase.

@ Steve, it's not that I don't want to work on a TM - I'm just not wanting to spend a lot of time chasing ghosts and Gremlins, been there done that with my Chemspec 860. Fire-breathing beast when it was running, problem was it was in my shop as much as it was on the streets - not until I did a ground up "fix the manufacturers issues" which took probably 120 man hours and a few grand to do was it a reliable machine - and it still required attention to certain things regularly, but it ended up worth it because it was a true dual wander.

I am awesome with slide in's - down to fabbing I'm set and comfy - I just don't know the slightest thing about these machines, and don't want to have to deal with a learning curve to remake one on top of the remaking.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
you will need for the most part learn to work on it yourself or just maintaining the diesel will kill you

I spent about $70 to change the oil and fuel filter myself, at least double that to have the local shop do it, don't buy parts for it at NAPA type store, find local diesel shop, air filter was twice the price @ NAPA

lube the pto shaft ever 50 hours, they cut holes in the pto cover to get to the fitting but I still have to remove the pto cover every time to get to the fittings, this is like greasing the u joints

I have not had many issues, the biggest one I seem to have is with the fresh water tank shut off. It has blown a few times. I'm told it needs a pressure regulator, I got one but have yet to install it

local service guys don't even know how to start the machine but they know thier way around the components

with 2 wands and 22 flow at 500 psi, I can maintain 240/250 pretty easily in the colder months without a lot of warm up time. If I spent the time to warm it up, ran higher RPM's I could maintain higher temps.

If you duel wand, you will only save 1/3 to 1/2 time wise

I really like the machine, it is more to take care of than the usual set up

I have yet to run 3 wands, machine has more suck with 2 wands then any slide in with one wand, you can run it at 1700 rpm but I run at 1500

I have bought parts locally for it, cheaper than when I bought them from BlueLine

MPG is gonna be 10 per gallon, 12 if you baby it, freeway mileage seems to be worse

I would want maintenance history

fuel burning while running is no different than any other bigger slide in, and with 2 wands it is less

the ride is bad and bumpy and slow up inclines, it's like towing a boat but a little worse ride

I would think it is at least $45 to $50 grand but it really isn't worth any more than someone will buy it for

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Steve......

Fleetfilter.com 1-866-949-3458

Napa gold filters..........Wix brand

Large oil filter......part number..1772
small oil filter.....part number 1521
fuel filter...part number 3239

we bought all 3..enough for 3 different changes ( total of 9 )....for some where between 45 and 50 bucks...

air filter...part number 42520.....forget the price on this ..but...
you can get this on amazon with free 2 day delivery for...around 60 bucks..

these are the only filters I ever used...

bought all the UD oil at walmart.........rotella oil

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
never though of Walmart for oil

nissan air filter $45 @ FMI

NAPA oil filter is a lot more money than the nissan oil filter, never considered WIX

I will look into fleetfilter.com

Thanks Jim, you are always one of the most help people on the BB

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Jim,

I missed your call - very sorry, I'll try to give you a call sometime tomorrow - I ended up with a guy that wanted to come and look at the gear I have for sale, and then picked up a water loss.

Steve Thanks!

On oil if you dig Mobile one - you can buy distributor direct if you get a decent qty (they'd have completed even just a 6 case sale, but I bought 24 cases so I'd be stocked for the next few changes fleet wide.

Just be sure to find the right spec for whatever vehicle you use, there are only 2 oils that completely meet MB Spec's for my sprinters for their low ash standards. Using the wrong one on any diesel though can still cause HUGE $$$'s - killing the diesel particulate filter, cat, muffler, egrs, etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom