2019 Harley Davidson FXDR

Credits
If you like Harleys---i am not a fan---the market is so soft you can easily buy an older one with just a couple thousand miles on it for 5-6k. You are married---you don't have to impress some sweet young thing----or old thing----that you are cool with a new 2019 bike..

Credits
I love the features that the video points out. Harley thinks it's a selling point to have a waterproof air filter. Inverted shocks that have been clearly superior for like 40 years. Digital gauges! No way! Those have been around since the 80s. LED lights!
It's like the sales guy is saying, I swear we dont suck as much as we used to! We are only 20 yrs behind everyone else now.

Supportive Member
Credits
Guys. I’ve been reading everything I can get my eyes on about this bike. Its like a cross between a V-Rod and a Rocker-C. The guys on the Harley Forums are ripping this bike apart. You would think someone shot their dog. I hate to admit it, but I also liked the Vrod and RockerC. That might be why I like this bike so much. My price out the door with tax and Reg is $24,600. I’m going to take one for a test ride tomorrow.

I don't like the price at all. For half the price I could get an Indian Scout Bobber with 100 hp. But man, I do like the looks of that FXDR. I’m wondering about the forward controls and lack of accessories for it. Where the heck would you put a saddle bag on it? I had a 2010 Fat Bob with forward controls and it was comfy for me.

For the money and power I think a Triumph Rocket III or an Indian is the better choice. But then there is that harley V-Twin thing.

Just like Rolex. There are cheaper and better watches, but Rolex is a permium brand, same with Harley

Last edited:
Credits
At least with a Rolex you get quality and resale. Nothing but a badge with Harley. You could get a 200hp 200mph Ducati for less than that. You could get a modified custom vrod for half that. It is interesting that the Harley riders are not into it. That tells you what resale will be like.
Just make sure to ride the Indian too before you make a decision. Sounds like you are doing your homework. That is smart.

Credits
I owned a Rocker C and it was a great bike but would have been better off being a 2nd bike and not my primary. My wife hated it though for obvious reason that any passenger would. I really like the FXDR looks. Do you plan on doing any touring or is just for around town?

Supportive Member
Credits
I owned a Rocker C and it was a great bike but would have been better off being a 2nd bike and not my primary. My wife hated it though for obvious reason that any passenger would. I really like the FXDR looks. Do you plan on doing any touring or is just for around town?
I think it would be an awful touring bike. So many bikes..... Africa Twin with its 6 gallon tank also looks good. Hell, I’ll just get them all. I can use one for Baconator runs, another for Taco Bell runs, and then one for the Chinese Buffet. I get a Moto Guzzi California for my Olive Garden runs.

Village Idiot
Credits
I think it would be an awful touring bike. So many bikes..... Africa Twin with its 6 gallon tank also looks good. Hell, I’ll just get them all. I can use one for Baconator runs, another for Taco Bell runs, and then one for the Chinese Buffet. I get a Moto Guzzi California for my Olive Garden runs.
1290 Super Adventure S

Fast, comfy, vtwin, big gas tank, cheaper than the harley

Credits
I only owned one Harley for a short time. A 1999 (I think) heritage softail. I found it to be a very comfortable bike and well balanced for its size. Had nice leather saddle bags and a clear fairing. I'll see if I can dig some pics out. Had custom Vance & Hines pipes. Loud but not too loud. When I hear a loud Harley go by with some one cracking the throttle, I think, what an asshole. Driving my own Harley, I become that asshole.

Credits
Damon won't have time to ride it. He will be taking every shit job possible to try to make another payment. $24k for a bike you might be able to get $10k out of in two years? Really. Ever hear of delayed gratification?

Do you know what puppies and Harleys have in common?

Do you know the difference between a Harley and a Vacuum cleaner?

Puppies and Harleys travel best in the back of a pickup. Check out how many Harleys at Sturgis get there by truck----
A Vacuum cleaner will only hold one dirtbag....

Latest posts