2nd pass Vacuuming

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Yep, another vac post.
I vacuumed this 166sf room once, got a canister of fluff and dust,
Went back over it again a little slower and pulled this out.

09-03-162ndpasswithvac2.jpg

And no, I didn't take 45 min in this room, more like 45 min in the whole place.

Becker

Name
Becker
I'll bet you pull more out with your vac, than some hacks do with there full service HWE.

Good on you..

Now put the fluff under a scope and see how much of it is a shedding P.e.t

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Once you use my "4 corner vacuum technique" you will never go back!

I learned this secret technique from Ed York in a private conversation years ago at one of his classes.He told me to keep it to myself if I wanted to be the best.

I even have a dirt sensor on my vacuum that tells me when an area is clean so I can move on to the next.

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
Ron, could you tell me what would be the advantage of the Cleartrac over the Dyson.

I have the Dyson DC07 and it's time for a new one. I used a Cleartrac about 15 years ago, I don't remember a lot about it but that it did a good job. I would buy the Cleartrac if there were enough of an advanatge over the Dyson.

Thanks

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I think Sanitare makes a nice "Professional" looking bagless vac like the Dyson.

Isn't it better to have your customer's see professional equipment rather than a housewife special like a dyson?

G

Nice job Ron; Another example of a good prevac. That really made a big difference when it was time to extract.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Walrus said:
I think Sanitare makes a nice "Professional" looking bagless vac like the Dyson.

Isn't it better to have your customer's see professional equipment rather than a housewife special like a dyson?

There is that point. Its best to show up with something the client doesn't have. However, some people have vacuums like this BUT they don't know how to use it, or simply don't use it. Westinghouse is makes a 2 motor bagless based on the Fantom, they bought out Fantom.

The advantage of the Cleartrak over the Dyson is
1. Easier to clear clogs, maintain, do repairs. Can tear it down to the motor in about 15 min with a phillips screwdriver.
2. The filters cost less and are easier to access and change.
3. The beater brush won't damage the yarns, ie bloom the tips. The Dyson has a very stiff brush.
4. The Cleartrak costs less
5. People know of Amway, and that they make good products, plus very few people will have a Cleartrak any more since its not sold any more, ie in stores or MLM. All the parts are readily available.

I could probably think of a few more reasons.
I've not seen the Sanitaire but many say they make a good vacuum, so might check into theirs. The key is a simple design that won't plug easily and is easy to maintain.

rjfdube said:
Nice job Ron; Another example of a good prevac. That really made a big difference when it was time to extract.
It sure did.

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
Jimmy, I bought that same vacuum a few years ago at Wal-Mart under the Eureka name for $100.
It is a good vacuum but like all the other bagless vacuums I've tried it has a filter that needs cleaning often and loses suction once the filter gets full, but I liked that Eureka better than the other vac's I've tried except the Dyson.
The Dyson only has one sponge filter that need washing maybe once a month.
I've never had anyone pay much attention to my vac untill I started using the Dyson.

Thanks for the info Ron.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom