3 inch upgrade

John Crystal

Anybody had any thoughts on 3 inch pipes from the side of the truck into the waste tank?
Would it do any better than 2.5 inch?
Would there be any negative affects?

Just thinken of all possibilities.
If 2.5 is better would 3 be better yet?

John

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have ran 5 to the door. ( two 2.5" to the door broke down to one 2" ) It did not make one ounce of diff. compared to the 2.5" to the door. I think 2.5" is the sweet spot. I don't believe 3 inch would improve anything.

Our problem is we are too wimpy to run 2.5" wands. If we could, we could run 3" to the door and 2.5" to the wand. But that may never happen. Not with my flabby arms.

Greenie

The point of diminished returns.

The only place I can think of that might be worth loading up some 3" would be single wanding off of a 59 blower or a Vortex, if you had the proper manifold that connected your three 2" hoses to a single 3" connection, you would probably benefit on a single big hose.

But space wise, and handling wise, the 2.5" is a whole lot of suck for the buck with the right manifold set up.

John Crystal

Thanks Adam and Greenie

Greenie
What would you think of a scenario of plumbing everything in the truck 3 inch, having two ports of 3 inch and running two fifty foot of 3 inch hose then 2 inch after that?
Or do you feel plumbing the truck to 2.5 inch with two ports, running two 2.5 to the door then one 2 inch is just as good?

Thanks
John

Greenie

" Or do you feel plumbing the truck to 2.5 inch with two ports, running two 2.5 to the door then one 2 inch is just as good? "

Yes I do feel that way, it's only my opinion, but it seems logical to me, the 2 - 2.5" hoses are more than capable to move all the air from the blower and then some...so there isn't much room for improvement on a single section of 3".

Now increase blower size a couple hundred cfms, and you would have a gain with 3" hose, it's all relative. btw: 3" hose is a bear to work with, there will be one section at MikeyFest to show the boys the difference.

i to am wondering this very question only, 4 inch from the tank. 2-2.5 for 50 feet would blow (suck) better than any other. this stimulates my mind for talk of lift and cfm. teflon that dries faster has less lift right?

Hey Greenie, I have PM'd you a few times and haven't got a reply. Then when this site went down for resizing they disappeared... :? Well anyhow I think I'll give you a call. Any time better than another to call you? And should I call you with the 877#?

Thanks,Rob.

Greenie

Call anytime you are awake, cause I probably am.

866-438-8335

2.5" x 2 from the truck? That had better be a big blower!

more lift = better dry times, bigger hose preserves your lift, you feel it at the wand.

Greenie said:
Call anytime you are awake, cause I probably am.

866-438-8335

2.5" x 2 from the truck? That had better be a big blower!

more lift = better dry times, bigger hose preserves your lift, you feel it at the wand.

Enjoyed talking to you Greenie about my unit. Pics have been sent to info@GreenGlides.com.
Thanks,Rob.

i also was thinking 4 inch coming off the tank would be better than 2-2inch outlets, i use abs off the tank so, 4" could be "Y"ed into 2-2" for dual wanding, which would reduce the baffleing inside the tank.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I am considering overdriving my 36 blower, and cutting another 2 inch port into my waste tank. (My tank is plumbed with 2.5 inch from the tank to the blower) Will this offer any improvement, and should I Y the two 2 inch lines into a 2.5 inch section at the back of the truck, or should I run two 2 inch lines to the door.

Or, should I forget about all of it and go home?

Greenie

Some guys will tell you that you can overdrive that blower, but I won't.

I'd just be happy with a 1:1 ratio, that way you can crank up the rpms (3500) and run the 36 at it's maximum lift capacity, that alone would help a bunch, and may be all you need for now.

It's been a long while since i ran a vac booster with some 2.5" hose, and at that time it was the first ever Dual booster two cord monster, the 2.5' hose will surely help, but I don't know if you want to bother with it AND the booster.

Fix the pulley situation, and go from there.

admiralclean, i just 1 month ago hook my 2" other port into a Y (abs)
right on the tank. the main reason i did it was because it was always there and probably causing very slight turbulance. i do notice the sound of the blower blades are deeper sounding (louder) at the end of my 2" vac hose, i like the way the crap gets caught in the lint basket....more spread out. since i rarely dual wand, if i could do it again, i would cut a 4" hole into the tank (abs) you can reduce down to 2" fitting from there or even 3". there would be smoother flowing air in the tank. Greenie suggested the 2-2" 2 the door (50) feet. that is the best 2" utilization of 2" only hose. 2.5 hose is the best and or just make sure all your cuffs are true 2". i just use 2" all the way. probably going to go back to 2.5 in the future. i have felt an overdriven 36 blower, felt great

Back
Top Bottom