30 yr old slate floor...

-JB-

Name
JB
says she hasn't put any wax on it in 30 years, but she sure did one heck of a job 30 years ago! Any hope? I'm thinkin NO.

Oh and there is some efflorescence to boot.

2011-07-15_09-35-18_856.jpg

perdy ain it? Nice n shinny.

Any advice?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
take your time. I bet she has been cleaning with Mop-n-glo. Just strip it off. Hopefully it is dark and you use lights because if you do it in natural light you will see all you missed when it gets dark andthey turn on a light. This will be a pain in the ass, with the crevices and such.........good luck

dan mabes

It's a tough job no matter what, but make sure it is a "finish" on it and not polyurethane.
We did one several years ago that was a 30 year old floor with a 30 year old heavy duty (maritime) polyurethane coating on it. We knew that in advance and it was still a nightmare.
Dan M

Mikey P

Administrator
Considering it is such a flat slate I would bet that a decent stripper with a malgrit brush under your 175 will get it off fairly quick

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
JB said:
says she hasn't put any wax on it in 30 years, but she sure did one heck of a job 30 years ago! Any hope? I'm thinkin NO.

Oh and there is some efflorescence to boot.

2011-07-15_09-35-18_856.jpg

perdy ain it? Nice n shinny.

Any advice?

Not that far from you, lots of those around here too.

The main question is finish or poly, finish it will come off with some work but if is poly, look out.
50/50 they never really remember.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom