340 ht cat pump

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
it was leaking some water out the bottom so i figured it was time to replace the seals. the 3 plastic cups around the ceramics were melted into one piece and completely distorted. still works, just a small leak. are those parts available? figures it's a saturday and my supplier is closed. it is not the plastic that holds the felts but the pice that goes against the body.

gene

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Thanks gene. Was good to talk to you too. If you can't get them local Monday call me.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I got very lucky at 8 am got the parts i needed from my supplier. not a common part but he had them. A whole 12 bucks. 6 bolts and back in business. never missed a job. the seal retainer melted on the oil side. Also the pump cap melted. Anybody have any ideas why?

gene

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
It may have something to do with wear. My 340HT shows a lot of wear in the bore(caused from the wrist pin) and the crankcase gets very hot. How many hours do you have on it?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
8500 hrs and change. if i can remember i can check the temp when its running i have the ir in the glove box
the seals still look fine. soft water and no chemicals running through it seem to make the seals last forever.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom